Any of you ever experienced this while pregnant?

Squishii

-NTNP-
Reaction score
For awhile now I have been having issues with my ears. They would take turns going deaf for short periods of time and going back to normal. Recently though, they have gotten worse, mostly my left ear. Since yesterday my ear has decided to be deaf. It popped once and returned back to normal but then went back to being deaf again. Also have extremely annoying ringing happening (Tinnitus?) in my left ear as well. They are obviously blocked and need to get flushed out.

I know pregnancy can mess up your sinus's, and your ears are connected to sinus problems. I did some reading and found quite a few ladies they actually experienced this problem during pregnancy, but it's not that common. I'm wondering if what I'm experiencing could be related to pregnancy, since it started 2-3 weeks ago and has only gotten worse since Iv become late for AF.

I just wanted to know if any of you ladies experienced any ear issues with any of your pregnancies? I had no idea ear issues could be related to pregnancy until yesterday lol. Very interested to hear any first hand experiences from yourselves or maybe someone you know! :)

I never thought of it as being related to the pregnancy but I have noticed my right ear having problems. It doesn't happen very often but there will be times where I will lose hearing completely in it or it'll have a high buzzing noise for a while, and I have noticed with the last week or two sounds are dulled, like I have water in it even though I don't. I am considering getting an ear candle to see if that helps, I've never used one but my brother and dad use them all the time and love them, now I just need to remember to pick one up next time I'm out and about haha

What you're experiencing is basically exactly what I'm dealing with right now lol. It is really annoying! I think I'm going to go into a walk in clinic to have both my ears flushed out on my day off.

Yes it is annoying, I brought it up to my mom the other day and she also suggested the sweet oil trick, which I might just have to try too, we don't really have many walk in clinics around here and my insurance is pretty picky so I'm stuck dealing with it and trying at home remedies. Hope you can find a way to help though =)

Sounds like an ear infection - have you been to the doctors ?

I have similar issues with my allergies and pregnancy makes it worse.

I had this problem a lot through out the 20+ weeks and its only started to calm down, my left ear too! Not sure what caused it though! Typical too as it was worse when i was In work serving people!! Hope it eases for you soon!

Take a good read about ear syringing before you decide to have it - I regularly have ar problems but would never have them stringed/flushed out.

Sounds like you have wax build up hun. I have had issues with my ears since I was a little kid, and still do to this day. I make more wax than the average person, and it can lead to ear infections, and vertigo.... not to mention loss of hearing which is incredibly annoying. The ringing in the ears you have is a symptom of wax impaction.

Anyhow, having your ears irrigated will definitely help you. I used to have mine done at my DR's office every year. Well, with this pregnancy of course I have had issues, so I decided to take matters into my own hands, and I bought this: https://www.amazon.com/Elephant-Washer-Bottle-Doctor-Easy/dp/B005M2B5P0/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377433335&sr=8-1&keywords=elephant+ear+washer

I wasn't sure if it would work or not to be honest, but I was desperate. Well, it was the best 30 dollars I have ever spent. TMI but you should have seen the nasty ish coming out of my ears! After I was done I could hear better than I have been able to hear in 8 years... not even kidding. I mixed peroxide and water in the bottle and used it. Took about 20 minutes total to do both ears, and I did have to lean over the tub while doing it because once the pressure was released from my ears I was dizzy for about 10 minutes.

Anyhow, good luck hun, and I hope you get some relief soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->