Any of you first tri ladies get your positive like this?

wildworld

Pregnant - 1st trimester
Reaction score
Posted this in the Pregnancy Tests section, but thought I'd get more replies here.

I'm going crazy here ladies!!

10dpo today. Tested this morning and got a very faint pink line (taken after 10 mins). Showed up better on laptop screen & phone screen; DF could see it too. The only thing is, the test line was very slightly more to the left than the test line on an old opk test. (pregnancy tests and opks are from the same batch bought on ebay)

I tested again a little while ago (those pics are below - am sure they were taken within 10 mins but 12 at most. The phone picture is the best for colour). There's a lovely pink test line, much pinker in person, very clearly seen in person and DF can see it too. Again, the test line is slightly more to the left when compared to the opk, and slightly thinner than the control line.

I dipped another test in the same pee an hour later (which was then cold, but doubt it made a difference) and that test was fainter, but still there.

Help me out ladies, have any of you ever had a positive test where the test line was further out than it should have been?

Attachments

• phonetest.jpg
    phonetest.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 31
  • test1.jpg
    test1.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 27
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 27
These tests are made cheaply and can end up varying from test to test. Before you take on. If you tip it horizontal you can just about see the hormone responsive line. As long as its a line and it's pink you're good. As for using the same sample and getting a lighter test, hcg is heavier than the wee, so it sinks meaning when you redipped it had all sunk to the bottom. I'd say you're definitely pregnant but if you'd like something a bit clearer head to asda, Tesco or somewhere and get yourself a cheap but not so cheap test, hold your wee without drinking for 4 hours or use FMU and you should get a better result.

Good luck and congratulations

Agree with above post.. if you move a test in the light you can see like the indent where the 2nd like comes up. If your getting your pink line there then yep it's positive :)
I didn't get my positive until 14dpo the eBay tests, but faint positive on a frer at 9dpo!.good luck x

I did loads of internet cheapie tests and the lines were always in slightly different places. Yours look positive to me Congrats!! Have to say with mine I always got a darker line in the afternoon rather than FMU funnily enough. xx

I used these and my lines were much closer together. Friend of mine recently got lines like this though and I advised her to try a different test (ideally a FRER) perhaps you should do the same to be sure?

I don't trust these - when I was pregnant before - they showed nothing and I got a positive on a digital ffs - which had was 50uil sensitivity... Buy a supermarket own brand and test on that instead - it's worth it!

That's what my bfp looked like on the same test and same dpo so I got a FRER and confirmed it. Much easier to read and a definite line! Congrats!

Did you try another brand test? Any update??

Ooo wildworld!! I've been hoping to see you here soon and those tests look great. I'd definitely try another brand soon. Can't wait for an update.

11dpo ladies. Tested with FRER after a 2.5 hour pee hold.

Seems bfn, but my friend tweaked a pic of the strip when I took it out of the case (well over 3 mins, but very pink). I can definitely see a line on her tweak, so hoping it's too early to tell. But the 'positive' test from last night is 10mIU, so I'm not sure what to think of that.

What do you ladies think?

Attachments

• fref1.jpg
    fref1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 17
  • frer2.jpg
    frer2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 20
  • frer.jpg
    frer.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 18
I think I see it even on the non tweaked ones. My first FRER was so light I thought it was negative. It would have been if I hadn't have taken it with FMU.
Fingers crossed for you.

I see a line too. Try it with your first wee in the morning. Its a lot more concentrated then x

My first positive was on a FRER and it was so light I honestly thought it was negative. You could just BARELY make out a line that it really looked like an indent and even then you had to turn it just the right way to see it. I took another test the next day and got a much more definitive positive.

Congratulations!

I think I see a faint line on the tweeked one. I used the ic one for my first test and got a bfp - this came up straight away, I then used a frer again the line appeared straight away and was a strong line. The only thing I will say is I had a line on same ic the month before which appeared after 10 minutes which was a evap. I was 12dpo when I got my bfp, though I have shorter cycles. I would wait a couple of days and if you can use a frer. Good luck!

I got a couple of dubious faint lines on internet cheapies, so I splurged on a frer got my bfp on 10dpo, line there almost instantly.

I think these look good for a positive but get a more reliable test just to make sure x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->