Any one disapointed by babys gender

dinidani

just a little bit preggo
Reaction score
So have my 20 week scan next week and i honestly believe its a girl but obviusly theres a 50 50 chance that it is going to be a boy everything is completly different to all ds pregnancy
This time ive not been intrested in take outs in any form
My food intake is small
No morning sickness
No kicks yet
No bleeding
Super crying hormones
Full of energy
Not in pain
Urine ph since lmp 5 (no change in diet) was 7-9 before

I just feel like im gonna be disapointed if it was another boy as everyone at church has been prayeing for a girl i think we have confinced ourswlfs its a girl so much that it is gonna be sad we havent done any shopping just incase we are wronge but has someone had such strong feeling and be wrong and how did you feel obviusly im gonna love it no matter what but i think we said it was going to be our last but i would talk to dh about haveing a girl if this is a boy xx

I think the fact that you have a house full of boys means you’re more than allowed to hope it’s a girl!! 5 boys is a lot, haha. I was anticipating a boy but secretly hoping for a girl, and when we found out it was a boy it took time to get used to the idea, but now I’ve totally come around and am excited :) So just know that if it turns out that it’s a boy and you feel disappointed, there’s nothing to be ashamed of, and with time you’ll get excited for another little boy. However I think the odds are in your favour for a girl! Good luck at your scan :)

It's normal to feel that way :hugs: I won't lie.. I REALLY was hoping for a boy. We did a gender reveal party and my oldest son was in charge of doing the reveal part and he said something the night before making me think it was a girl.. My heart sank tbh. This is my last baby so it made me feel a bit upset. Turns out he had NOT given it away and it was indeed a boy --- BUT I had gone to bed truly thinking it was confirmed a girl. I was a bit sad that night but the next morning I felt better about it being a girl. Sooo what I mean to say is it's normal to have a desire and want and just know that even if it's not.. You will get passed it, I promise! :flower:

There is also a gender disappointment group in here if you find you need it. :hugs:

I feel you. I thought I would feel like that when I knew my second was a boy knowing I wouldn't have anymore bit I love my 2 boys to bits. However this time as it's a surprise baby I'm praying it's a girl and tbis is why I won't find out at 20 weeks because I want to cling onto that hope until it's born and then we'll if it's a boy then baby is here and I'll just love it either way x

Of course it's ok to have a preference :) The truth is whatever baby you get you will love it and be the best parent to it.

I think because its an extremely different pregnancy at the start i wanted a boy till everything pointed to a girl and really got excited about having a girl but with the sons all off them i knew they where all boys from early on but told dh if it isnt a girl i will want to have another xx

This was me start of the week, I had my scan monday and am having a 3rd boy, i do however have a girl already she was my first. I really really wanted a girl for a sister for her and she really thought it was a girl bless her. This pregnancy was different to the boys ones i had before and the 12 week scan skull/nub suggested possible girl so i spent a good 2 months thinking it was more likely a girl. This is my last baby for sure and i feel very sad that I'll never get to dress a baby girl again. Girls clothes are so much nicer than boys lol anyway I'm not getting too hung up on it as i know this doesn't last long this feeling, and I'm just relieved to be told that he is ok and everything is as it should be. He will be so loved just the same as my other 3 �� try not to worry too much i hope you get the answer you are hoping for! X

Honestly I was secretly hoping for a girl this time. I have both boys and girls but my girls were a lot easier so I really feel for you. You're superwoman to deal with that many boys lol. We found out at 16 weeks that he's a boy and I'm starting to come to terms with it but still wonder how I'm going to handle having three young boys in the house :wacko:

My MIL convinced me so much that DS2 was a girl I went out and purchased pink clothing. When I had my 20 week scan and found out he was a boy, I argued with the radiologist and wouldn't accept it. It took me a LONG time to accept he was a boy and didn't want any part of my pregnancy or naming him for such a long time. But when he was put in my arms my heart just melted. I could kill him now because he's such a feral little shit but he's mine and that's never going to change. :)

DS3 I HOPED for a boy so I didn't have to go through what I went through with DS2 again. At the beginning, because I was so upset with the idea of being pregnant when I didn't want to be hubby named him - with the one name I REALLY wanted for DS2 which helped make pregnancy easier. The day I found out he was a boy I cried because it meant I FINALLY got my name. <3

DS4 I wanted a girl, hubby prayed for a girl, but all I wanted was a healthy baby. What ever God's plan was for us was what ever that ultrasound showed. And yep, although they weren't positive, they were 70% sure DS4 was a boy. My heart sank but the disappointed wasn't for baby - it was for hubby because he just really wants a baby girl of his own. He took a couple of days to get used to the idea but he's no less loved than his brothers. We might try for a 5th baby in the future but not sure yet.

It can hurt when you feel like you have been let down but just try and think of things in a positive way to help you feel better. While you won't love your baby any less, it will help you bond and will help you deal with your disappointment in regards to sex. <3

I was sure my second and third were a boy but no, I was wrong on both occasions and we are currently expecting our third girl. This is the final time for us (im 40 next year).

Sometimes I got sad that I would never have a boy, but 7 years ago we lost identical twin boys at 24 weeks, so in some ways I feel like we had our boys and it wasn't meant to be, if you know what I mean.

Im now really excited to have three princesses xx

Thanj you for all yohr experiences i kno if it is a boy it will take some time to adjust yo the idea but hopefully i wont have to cross that path as im sure its a girl all my boys have been the same and i knew they where all boys so im just praying god awnsered everyones prayes xx

I was shocked when I found out I was pregnant this time (4th baby)

I have 3 girls, and was scared at the thought of a boy, I had a scan at 13w and the nub everyone guessed boy! I was very disheartened,

Today I’ve had a gender scan at 15w 3d and he is indeed a boy! I’m glad I had time to get used to the idea and seeing my little baby wriggle about today I’ve totally fallen in love xx

GL I hope you get your girl, but if not, it just takes some getting used to and I’m sure you’ll fall head over heels like we all do x

Attachments

• 34E79F5F-2383-46BD-8BDA-EB122350CA62.jpg
    34E79F5F-2383-46BD-8BDA-EB122350CA62.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 9
Do u have any 12 / 13w scans? If nub is visable you have a good shot at correctly identifying gender x

No nub unfortunatly but been a really lazy baby just slept with chin on chest so couldnt get a good shot but scan is tomorrow so im really nervouse but got first kicks last night which is 7 weeks since ds3 was kicking so extremely weird

Attachments

• IMG-20180103-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20180103-WA0005.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 12
Looking forward to your update x

We found out sbe is a girl so i stressed for no reason just so happy i cried and the sonograth people gave me a bunch of scans for free cos i just couldnt hold it together xx

That&#8217;s lovely news! Your instinct was spot on. Enjoy shopping for girls things :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->