• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Any one else feel like scared as no scan yet?

shelxx

Reaction score
Ive seen my midwife this week but she did not try to find a heartbeat as im 8weeks and she said it was too early. So ive got to wait till my scan to know that everything is ok. That wont be for a few weeks. Ive had a few drops of blood when I go to the toilet, which ive heard is normal. But im just really worried that something is wrong or ill have my scan and there will be nothing there. Am i panicking unnecessarily? :wacko:

I can understand the worry. I can't wait for my scan.

I know me either. Im thinking of buying a doppler to ease my worry!!

almost every woman had to wait for their 12 week scan, Some areas that can be anywhere between 9 - 14 weeks.

Some women have early scans for various reasons, usually threathened miscarraiges or previous miscarraiges.

Also your MW wont use a dopplar on you until you are 16 weeks. so that was normal too.

However if you are worried and you have been bleeding you can call your EPU, which is the Early pregnancy unit, there should be one in your area and most of them you self refer too. they can give you reasurace and if they feel you need one a early scan.

Lots of luck, try not to worry, bleeding in pregnancy is very common.

I told my midwife about the bleeding she said it was common and just said to keep an eye on it. i just found the EPU near me, its closed from 1pm on fridays doesnt oopen till monday, so ill have to wait, havnt had any bleeding since yesterday so hopefully all is ok. x

If you've had bleeding I would defo call the EPU when they're next open, owever if you get more bleeding over the weekend or heavier bleeding get down to a&e, better to be safe than sorry
Good luck chick

even if you dont bleed anymore you can still call the EPU and they should still see you, the other option is calling another, i did that when i lost my baby, i called loads until one could see me and thats the one i used this time.

But if the bleeding has stopped i would wait until monday and call then x

I'm anxious too. I haven't even heard from the midwife yet. When do they get in touch?

Mind you, I only saw my GP last week. He didn't do any tests, just took my word (and two BFPs with Clearblue) for it that I'm definitely preggers.

Its sooo hard trying not to worry! Just try and stay positive! i had my first scan at 10 wks i am now 12 wks and wont have another until 20wks! I was so scared that there would be something wrong but everything turned out great but i am already worried again and still analyzing every symptom! Cant wait for my next scan!

IM TERRIFIED :cry: Ive got mine on Monday, ill be 7 weeks 4 days at that point. I miscarried a couple of mon ths back and so need to be reassured. Hope yours goes/went ok! xxxx

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty jealous that you get scans at 12 weeks. I dont get a scan until 20 weeks, so thats another 9ish to go. I still haven't found the heartbeat on my doppler, and though I have so many symptoms, and my doctor felt my uterus etc. I still have this nagging feeling of what if.

I think I'm going to go to babymoon and get a 3d scan around 16 or 17 weeks as gender determination as we don't get that at my hospital. Good luck with your pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"