Any one else struggling to gain weight?

Bekah78

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
I'll be 17 weeks on Thursday. My bmi was 17.5 when had my first appointment with my midwife at 8 weeks. She told me I needed to start putting weight on. At my 12 week scan the consultant also told me I needed to put weight on.

I really have tried. Work colleagues comment that I don't stop eating yet I've put on a grand total of 2lbs. I'm all bump and boobs. Figure I've lost weight off rest of me but don't know what to do.

Prob is I'm loving fruit and veg but other foods don't appeal. I'm eating sandwiches and main meals even though they don't appeal but am off chocolate or anything spicy.

I suspect I'll get a telling off on Friday when I see my midwife again and she won't believe I'm eating constantly.

Anyone got any tips?

TIA X

I tend to put on 40lbs in each pregnancy, so not a problem for me (although I kind of wish it was! :haha:).

Have you tried drinking protein shakes for a calorie boost?

I haven't, but I do have some protein milkshake powder in from when I was doing lots of running. Had forgotten about it too. I'll give it a try. Thanks.

I'm 18 weeks and have lost half a stone thanks to morning sickness, haven't put any weight back on yet. This time round I was heavier to begin with but the same thing happened with my previous pregnancies when my BMI was around 17. I wouldn't worry as long as you're eating, you will gain weight eventually!

I've always been very thin with low BMI. I am however not classified as underweight because of my bone structure (abnormally small). Still I always wanted more weight and the only thing that helped me was when I started eating Paleo. Even easier when I combined Saturated Fats with carbs like potato. Meat also helps me gain but it sounds like you don't like meat?
Maybe starch and saturated fat would be for you then. I eat butter but there are other good fats like coconut or olive oil.

Eating that way I have gained too much so far...12 lbs all togetger by 15 weeks which is6 lbs over the max., yet I don't look bigger at all. ^^ My doctor sure can't complain about too little weight gain :lol:.

Hi! I had a really hard time putting on weight until now. I didn't gain anything from pre-pregnancy to 20 weeks. Then from 20-26 weeks, I gained 10 lbs. My doctor wasn't worried but just asked if I was keeping up with my prenatal vitamin to make sure my body was getting a well rounded supply of nutrients. Do your best, but I'm sure it will come on eventually :)

Same boat! With my last, all I wanted was donuts, fast food, and carbs. I was a pig once the horrible morning sickness passed. Now all I crave are salads and fresh fruit popsicles. I'm not gaining and have a low bmi (though just on the low side of average, not underweight). And chocolate sounds gross to me too never thought I'd say that! Do you like cheese? Maybe try more of that as it's good protein and fat. Nuts and dried fruits are also good because they pack a lot of calories before filling you!

Thanks for your replies ladies. I'll definitely try those tips. It's good to know I'm not the only one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->