Any one starting IVF in October/November? Buddies wanted!

Kitty1978

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to the site so am not quite up to speed on all the abreviations just yet!

I'm starting my first round of IVF at St Barts in London very shortly and I wondered if any one else was going through the same.

I'm 35 and my DH is 36 and we've been tcc for 3 years. Various tests have indicated that there is an issue with my hubby's sperm although the tests do seem to vary a lot. We did manage to conceive a year and a half ago but sadly miscarried at 6 weeks.

We were referred to St Barts for IVF and after what seems like an agonising wait, I am starting my DR injections on Friday. I am really nervous as I'm not good with needles and the list of side effects is quite scary! I would love to know how everyone else got on with them. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance! Look forward to hearing from you!:flower:

Hi,

Sorry don't have any advice, we have our first appointment at St Barts on Monday. How long did you have to wait to get started? Feeling a mixture of nerves and excitement already!

Good luck with everything.

Hi, i am not about to start but currently PUPO (which is pregnant until proven otherwise) but i didn't want to read and run.

Ivf is a bit of an emotional roller coaster but stay positive this could be your time. Dont worry about the injections i've always had a fear of needles but found them very easy and painless i also had no side effects.

There are lots of lovely ladies on here who will answer any questions you have and i am sure there will also be people you can share your journey with.

Wishing you all the best in your cycle. Good luck x

pinkie3 - thanks for your message, it's so nice to know that there are others out there going through the same and that we can all support each other. I wish you the best of luck x

Sillysocks - have you registered with st barts yet? We had our first appointment in July to register where we had an ultrasound, sperm test, saw the doctor and the nurse booked us in. That was early July and we then had to wait until 2nd Oct for our next appointment. But at the October appointment things moved very fast. Within 2 days the delivery company had contacted me to arrange delivery of my meds and I'm starting them just a week and a half since that appointment. Hope this gives you some idea of when to expect treatment. Best of luck! X

Hi! I'm somewhere in the process, and will be starting stims next week. Do you know what protocol you'll be doing? :hugs:

Hi,

Kitty- not sure if we have registered offically, before our ivf referral was sent to them my husband had SA there, so could be in system but will probably need to go through process. How are your injections going so far?

Pinkie3 and pbl-ge good luck getting your BFPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->