Any OPK "experts"?!

Impatientone

Reaction score
This is my first "oops" since my daughter was born 14 months ago. My husband and I usually just time it to avoid ovulation and it took a year to conceive my first. But we DTD early this morning at 3am. I blew the dust off my old OPKs (oh how the memories came flooding back!) and it was faint but a negative at 10am, dark positive at 2pm, then a sort-of negative at 6 (it was dark but not darker than the control) and another positive just now. Yes I'm obsessed lol but how could it go back and forth like that? Urine was not dilute- water intake was evenly spaced. I'll try to attach a photo of results. I'm on CD 16 of 30 day cycles. Think it's possible?

Yes it happens alot. Hormones release in waves ( surges) depending how much the stim chemical puts out, the LH will be triggered to surge, but may be weak then build up, then back off again.
I usually have several +s, sometimes with a day or 2 between.
I just consider them trial runs lol.

Never mind, I don't know how to add a photo- it's asking for a url :/

With opks you test until both lines are equally dar or the test line is darker than the control- Those are considered Positive opks. If the test line is close, or only half as dark they are still negative.
Usually you will Ov within 24-48 hrs ( some say 24-36hrs) after the first +opk.
The only way to confirm it has happened is to chart basal temps, to see the temp rise.
GL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->