Any other anxious mums?

indigoskies

Reaction score
I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and driving myself crazy! I'm an anxious person by nature and I was the same in my pregnancy with my son. I don't have many symptoms when pregnant except swollen boobs, so I don't even have physical symptoms to reassure me!

This morning I woke up and just suddenly had this thought that I don't even feel pregnant, and so of course I started worrying about everything. I had a chemical pregnancy last month, so I still have baggage from that & have a fear that when I go for my dating scan (I'm going to hold out until 8 weeks as my DH is away for work), they won't find anything, or what they do find won't be good.

Anyone else going through this? I wish I could just fast forward the next couple of months so I can get a bit of reassurance!

I could've written your post!! I'm 5wk today and feel soooo anxious! This is my 2nd pregnancy too but like you I don't have many symptoms apart from sore (ish) boobs and needing to pee! And being knackered.

I forgot how stressful and worrying pregnancy is :-( don't get me wrong I'm not complaining but I just feel so helpless. I too want to press ffw!

My dd was 6 weeks early so I'm hoping my gp might send me for an early scan. Not holding my breath though!

Lots of luck to you. Am sure you will be fine! Xx

I am sooooo glad I am not the only one. I feel like I am crazy...literally crazy with anxiety and worry right now. I am trying so hard to be calm but it isn't working. You aren't alone lady!

Hi there.

I'm hoping that someone can post a positive outcome story where they suffered from a high level of anxiety in early pregnancy.
I am 5 weeks pregnant after a miscarraige two years ago and IVF after years of trying. I'm over the moon with the result and we have early indications that there may even be two little ones in there!
My BIG problem is that in the last week I have started to suffer with a high level of anxiety which I think is linked to all of the hormones! My heart is pounding all of the time and I'm quite breathless too. I've got myself in a bit of a state about it as I'm now worried it will cause me to misscarry.
Has anyone else experienced this in their first trimester...and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? I need some reassurance big time!

I feel like I could have written this post too!! I am 6 weeks today and I hardly have any symptoms apart from massive sore boobs and I just don't feel very pregnant.
I went to the docs on Monday and they took some details and told me to wait for a call from the midwife. As I am going on holiday at end of November for 3 weeks, the chances are I won't get a scan until after Christmas. I just can't stop thinking that something will go wrong. I want to hear that heartbeat now so at least I know this is all real and happening!

I am a neurotic mess during pregnancy! I think I was worst with my 1st, but I am still almost dreading the 12 weeks scan. I also have a minor freak out when any of my symptoms go (they always seem to return though which makes me happy!) I think it's the hormones, as usually I'm quite a relaxed chilled out person :shrug:

Hi there.

I'm hoping that someone can post a positive outcome story where they suffered from a high level of anxiety in early pregnancy.
I am 5 weeks pregnant after a miscarraige two years ago and IVF after years of trying. I'm over the moon with the result and we have early indications that there may even be two little ones in there!
My BIG problem is that in the last week I have started to suffer with a high level of anxiety which I think is linked to all of the hormones! My heart is pounding all of the time and I'm quite breathless too. I've got myself in a bit of a state about it as I'm now worried it will cause me to misscarry.
Has anyone else experienced this in their first trimester...and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? I need some reassurance big time!

With my last pregnancy I was having regular panic attacks in the first / early second trimester. I went on to have a happy little healthy bubba. It's horrible and the way that I controlled it was doing something that was calming (I like making things so i created a lot of random things at that point!) Maybe try going for a walk? I found it got a bit better once my hormones levelled. Hope things improve for you, if you find it gets worst maybe speak to your mw or dr to ease your mind and they might be able to give you some breathing techniques.

Glad to know it's not just me. My anxiety is usually well controlled and it's actually not as bad this time as it was in my first pregnancy. I know I'll feel better after a scan that shows me what's going on :) 3 weeks seems like a life time away though.

Tuppance, thank you so much for your message. You have really put my mind at rest more than anyone else has been able to! Like you I am normally a very calm person so I had no clue as to what on earth was happening to me. I know I can deal with it so long as all the stress doesn't do the little one any harm.
Knowing you went through the same thing and had a healthy baby at the end of it all is just what I need to hear xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->