Any other ladies freak out just before 37 weeks?

Button#

Reaction score
I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, from when I can have a home birth, and the last few days I've been on edge worrying that I'll go into labour before then and have to go into hospital anyway.

Am I the only mad woman who's going through this. I've got 6.5hrs to go...

I remember feeling that way, sadly i didnt get my homebirth as day i went into labour (41+2) was no staff available to attend.
Hope you have a lovely hb x

Thank you! I asked them about whether that could happen and she said no they have to send someone, luckily home birth seems a bit more common in my area than some others so they're more equipped to deal with it.

Sorry you didn't get yours but maybe you will this time!

I did start to worry about that, but I told myself that once I got to 36 weeks I'd give birth at home anyway. They have to attend you! I would have done the same thing if no attendants were available. I've heard of women doing that, and eventually they find and send someone.

You made it to 37 weeks though! :)

Yeah much more relaxed now I'm past 37 weeks. I'm also past 37 weeks according to LMP so definitely no excuses. Now I can't wait for my little boy to meet her, his face is going to be a picture!

Thank you! I asked them about whether that could happen and she said no they have to send someone, luckily home birth seems a bit more common in my area than some others so they're more equipped to deal with it.

Sorry you didn't get yours but maybe you will this time!

I was told only once in 10yrs they havent been able to attend.
I was very strongly told on phone that no one could or would be sent out to me. They said all on call team were doing shifts in hosp as they were understaffed. 1 on call mw had worked her max hours so had to go home to rest. When i arrived at hosp i was told 'may' be someone come 8am. If i had agreed to go home i must probably would of delivered without a mw at all.

I live in hope haha but dont want same mws thats for sure.

They said that t me last time. That first time ever home birth had been suspended. I just said Ok but I'm not coming in. I'll just hope you'll find someone. 30 mins later they arrived. I will say the same thing this time of need be . I will only transfer in for health reasons as NHS staffing issues are certainly not my problem... especially as they've known since 8 week booking in that I'm due this coming weekend xx

Just had my appointment and apparently it's very quiet at the moment so that's reassuring. There's only two of us for home birth in the area as well. Apparently the really nice midwife I had do my home visit was on call last night and she was hoping I'd go into labour so she could do my delivery which is sweet of her, they're all so nice round here.

This is the first pregnancy I've wondered if go early. I'll feel better once I get past 37 weeks as all my others have gone to my dates, but I'm staying at home regardless now at 36 + weeks.

Thankfully I haven't got the issue of calling an NHS midwife out, as I'm with one2one. I labour better alone in anycase.

They said that t me last time. That first time ever home birth had been suspended. I just said Ok but I'm not coming in. I'll just hope you'll find someone. 30 mins later they arrived. I will say the same thing this time of need be . I will only transfer in for health reasons as NHS staffing issues are certainly not my problem... especially as they've known since 8 week booking in that I'm due this coming weekend xx

i could of still been strep b positive sodidnt want risk it otherwise i wouldnt of gone in.

All booked in for home birth, pool paid for just waiting for delivery.. they told me at my appt that they will only do hb at 37 weeks which is sun but I should be OK as Ds1 was 41+2 and ds2 was 39+6 so I am pretty sure I will go all the way again. They also said there is a risk of mw not being able to show as well if it is busy.is really Hope that doesn't happen. I would be too scared to birth by myself and tbh i really want a straightforward birth this time!

Yay! Glad you're all sorted. I don't think mine's going to be early now. I was much more active when I was pregnant with DS and that must have helped him get a move on. I'm trying to relax into the mindset that it could be any time in the next 3 weeks.

You won't have to birth alone. They Have to send someone. Don't worry xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"