any plus size mummies to be?

Gem13

Reaction score
I'm a plus size (22/24) and just want to look pregnant not just fat :-( when I lie down you can tell quite a bit but when I stand up nothing. I've still just got my usual 2 bellies. It does feel like my upper belly is growing & changing shape but there is still a hidden flap where my belly button hides before my second tummy starts :-(

I'm 15 + 3 and this is my 2nd baby. We even saw it move last night which was amazing :)

Anybody else feel like me?

Yes hun- me! I am also a size 22 and weigh 118kgs. I have the B shaped belly to boot, and my lower part has been growing so I still dont look pregnant. I have spoken on other forums to plus size mums who say they didn't really start to show until about 25 + weeks, which sucks because I am also growing impatient and want a pregnant belly! :)
This is our first so I know you normally show earlier with your second but everyone is different!
It's depressing that no one can guess i am pregnant :(

I'm also plus size and it's never really bothered me, I'm quite a happy confident person but now I'm expecting it really bothers me that I can only see a bump when I lay down. I wanted to take photos to track it but I don't look any different when I stand up! Im 18 weeks tomorrow and it's my first.

Also, what will my belly look like after? I'm really worried about that.

Gem, you're so lucky to feel/see it move already!! I can't wait for that.

Hi both, not that it's nice for you guys but it's food to know we're in the same boat! I did find with my first that when I started wearing maternity jeans-over the bump ALL the way!!!- I started to look a little more pregnant! Am currently wearing my linen trousers high up so it looks a bit more like one belly :)

I would also love to have more pregnancy photos as I didn't take many last time.

It was really cool to see it move last night, kept repeatedly poking/pushing my belly!!! Hubby confirmed it was Def baby! Must have been really close :)

Hi :) I'm a 20/22 too and was this size with my last pregnancy and started to get a proper bump at around 25 weeks. It looked like a proper bump from around 20 weeks if I wore loose fitting clothes. The photos attached are at 31 weeks, 34 weeks then 38 weeks :) Proper bump :)

I did always have a small flap of skin that hung down at the very bottom of my bump but I never wear really tight clothes so could never see that unless I was naked :)

Attachments

• 379297_10151215317596580_246717745_n.jpg
    379297_10151215317596580_246717745_n.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 860386_10151248428696580_1039255199_o.jpg
    860386_10151248428696580_1039255199_o.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 6786_10151282859441580_1225555105_n.jpg
    6786_10151282859441580_1225555105_n.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 49
I'm with you girls! Everyone has started telling me I'm starting to show now but I dont think I am, still feeling very fat, more so now lol. But all will be worth in the end. I can't wait for my belly to pop. :)

Hi both, not that it's nice for you guys but it's food to know we're in the same boat! I did find with my first that when I started wearing maternity jeans-over the bump ALL the way!!!- I started to look a little more pregnant! Am currently wearing my linen trousers high up so it looks a bit more like one belly :)

I love the way this says food instead of good......nice one autocorrect :thumbup:

Let's keep up to date with this post and please post pics of when your bump finally shows :)

Oops!!!! How ironic :) yes let's keep this going with pic x

I'm in the same boat as you ladies. I've got that b shaped bump forming and it's driving me mad! I'm 27 weeks and I still don't feel like I look properly pregnant, but at the same time it's my first and I'm 6ft tall. So I've got a couple other factors holding back my bump.

In the end I'm going to be happy either way, but damn I just want to look pregnant!

I'm about 16 (US), was a 12/14 at the start of the pregnancy. And I was a 10/12 a few months before that. I'm restarting a low impact aerobic program to help tone and trim inches. I'd eventually like to get to about a size 8.

I have a B belly now. I anticipate it rounding out in a few weeks or so. I was much, much heavier with my other four.

Im a size 18 and have a bump now (2nd baby).
Its nice to find a current plus size thread.I wasnt plus sized when i had my first,so this pregnancy is a bit different.I just feel huge all the time like a beached whale.
Nearly every scan ive been to they have called me fat,its been quite upsetting
:dust:

I'm a sz 18/20, but only 5'2" . I'm 14 wks now, and I can tell, but no one else yet. I do show, though. Usually by 20wks. People who don't know me, though, I think are always a little hesitant to ask. It def took me much longer to show with my 1st.

it is nice to have a plus size thread! I will defo post some pics when i start to show, I love looking at other ladies pics of their pregnant bellies :) It's comforting to know it isn't just me who is feeling frumpy instead of glowing!
I have to admit I do get a little jealous of slimmer women who show from 16 weeks, although i am just super happy that I am pregnant! haha

I'm so glad to have someone to understand me on this subject! I don't have a "B" belly, I have more of a spare tire issue... The top of my tummy is getting hard and is def. starting to show, but I still feel like I'm just looking fatter. I'm just 17 weeks, so I'm hoping it pops out more soon.

Are any of you having issues with sciatica? (Low back pain due to pressure on sciatic nerve) I started having horrible electrical feeling pains around 14 weeks because of sciatica, but I wonder if my weight isn't also a factor?

I'm so glad to have someone to understand me on this subject! I don't have a "B" belly, I have more of a spare tire issue... The top of my tummy is getting hard and is def. starting to show, but I still feel like I'm just looking fatter. I'm just 17 weeks, so I'm hoping it pops out more soon.

Are any of you having issues with sciatica? (Low back pain due to pressure on sciatic nerve) I started having horrible electrical feeling pains around 14 weeks because of sciatica, but I wonder if my weight isn't also a factor?

Your weight could help exacerbate the sciatica but it isn't exclusive to being overweight. My BMI is 45 and I don't have any back pain at all :) I hope it settles down for you and you can manage the pain ok

I'm 23 weeks and plus size also , and my coworkers starting to see the belly. Lol. When I lay I see the bump standing I can see it a little bit. But my clothes are getting tight and my LO is trying to let the world know that she's on the way. Lol

Im plus size i weigh 254lbs, while in 2nd tri thought id never look preggo, but around umm 22 weeks or so i started to show, no more b shape for me, now people know im preggo, its hard being overweight.. But ive only gained 17 so far but recently lost 4 lbs, so 13 lb total

I have the worst sciatic pain that comes and goes.

I was plus sized at the beginning of the year but every time I start losing weight and getting fit again I get pregnant lol! From January to the beginning of June I lost 33lbs. So I am technically not plus sized anymore but I was with my first (DS) and I had such a hard time with sciatic pain. I was finally obviously pregnant by 19 weeks I will be 15 weeks on Thursday and I am am already crazy obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->