any plus size mummies to be?

Slowly making my way over from 1st tri and I am so glad I found this thread!! Every time I go in to see my OB, all I see are stick women with bumps. I was starting to feel awful and self-conscious about my weight. I'm am currently a 22/24(US) It's nice to be able to talk with others that can relate.
I am trying so hard with this pregnancy to gain only 15lbs at most. I had gained 45lbs with my first and never lost it, and do not want to add on to that :blush: I've done well so far, only gaining 2lbs according to my OBs scale(I've gained nothing according to my WiiFit) I think the 2lbs was really just my clothes, since I weigh myself in nothing on my Wii.
And although I've really gained next to nothing, my bump has really started to show. I've been measuring since the start and put on almost 4 inches around my belly :)

Here's a recent bump picture. I look horrid, but it's the only picture I have right now.
10407733_10202323441950724_2926414495945983530_n.jpg

Pfft, you look amazing!

I was kinda worried id gain a lot come first trimester since I literally ate whatever I wantes when ever and ended my first trimester at 234.6 lbs when I started off at 234.

So I guess I kinda lucked out on that but im sure ive packed on the pounds these past few weeks but without a scale I can only assume. SO tells me he loves my belly and our baby within and that I am still overly adorable and sexy even though I dont feel it. But he said if I wanted after I have the baby we can get gym memberships and work out together. Exact words, "You can use the treadmill so you can walk as much as you like safely."

Lol hes not a fan of me walking all over town incase someone hits or kidnaps me.

:hi: Hi ladies :D Its nice to see another plus size thread. I am also part of another which is a little quiet now since we all had our babies in 2013 https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1134343-plus-size-pregnant-join-here.html If anybody wants to it might be useful to flick through as i am sure there are some bump pics in there somewhere.

Im 26 and im a uk size 26/28. I weigh 287 lbs right now.. started off at 285lbs i think. Im all bum.belly and thighs.. I think i have like 3 stomachs just now :haha: I am already starting to get a bump although this will be as its my third and my stomach muscles will be shot to hell as ds2 was a section. With ds2 i started off at 18 stone and showed from around 16 weeks. xx

I was pregnant at the same time as you last time around and remember the plus size thread starting. I did join but it was way too busy for me to keep up as I only log on once every day or 3 :)

hey hun :D I remember you :D :D Yeah we did tend to move quite fast int here :haha:

Ashersmomma - lovely bump hun and congratulations on no weight gain! Your going to drop loads straight after birth xxx

You guys look great. I have to take a picture when I get to work tomorrow!

Thanks ladies :)
I am trying my hardest to eat as best I can so I don't gain much. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life and hoping once the baby is born I can lose a lot.
I kept telling myself that I would lose the weight before I got pregnant again, but I never did. DH and I went through some hard times financially for a while before this baby and I never had the drive. DH gained weight as well. So we are both trying to eat better. DH has actually lost a lot of weight! And he will soon be joining the National Guard :) After the baby is born, we plan on working out together. He is my motivator now.
I lost about .2lbs since Monday, but gained yet another inch :D

I'm not worried about loosing weight or gaining too much weight. I'm just hoping LO is healthy. But as soon as she's here her and I will be taking walks around the river and to her aunts house, and to her Nana's job. Lol. Well not at first since it will be winter. Lol

Hi ladies, last time I had a bump at around 20 weeks and was a uk 22. This time round I am already in size 26 clothes and have a massive hanging tummy after emcs last time. I am showing... But it's bloat. Hoping to have a bump soon! Xx

I'm not concerned about weight as far as just feeling "fat" or being bigger..... my concern is a healthy baby. I know that being heavier makes you more susceptible to GD and other issues, so I'm just trying to be healthy for baby.

I know I can lose all the excess weight over time afterwards, but it'd be nice to keep it to a minimum as well.

I really hope LO is just going through a growth spurt, because I've put on 5 lbs in the last 2 1/2 weeks! I know a teeny bit is water weight, as my feet and fingers have started swelling, but trying not to indulge my sweet tooth as much too. :haha:

I just got back from my 16 week checkup. Gained five pounds but they seemed happy. I guess five pounds over four weeks isnt too terrible. Just another four weeks to find out sweet peas gender!

Hi all :flower: Can I join please? I was a UK size 20/22 during my last pregnancy and am now a definite 22 probably edging towards a 24. I did well last time and only put any weight on in my last 6 weeks or so. The weekend after I had dd I was 28lbs lighter than when I started so I have always said pregnancy was the best diet I have ever been on :haha: I did keep the weight off for a few months but when my Dd's condition became apparent between the stress of all the hospital appointments and a bout of depression after she went blind I did put all the weight back on plus another stone or so :(

This little one was a bit of a surprise and we hadn't planned to ttc until later this year and I had literally just started SW like 2 days before my BFP. I haven't stuck to it since just because I don't see the point in paying when I eat very little according to the plan due to the nausea. Having said that I have still lost 11lbs since my BFP which I am pleased about. I am not trying to diet I have just gone off evening meals and tend to just eat fruit which has made it very easy to lose. I am hoping to have a similar time this time and only gain the very minimum and then keep it off afterwards this time :blush:

Ashersmomma your bump is lovely. I can't wait to get mine although I am a little sad that it won't be summer this time because I loved wearing maxi dresses last time.

Proxy I don't think 5lbs is bad at all. Do you have a preference for gender? I was hoping for a girl before I found out but am so happy to be having a boy now that I know :)

Welcome to the thread!

As for gender, I keep going back and forth. We already picked names for either and I adore them. I wanted a little girl because they have the most adorable outfits but id also love a little mini of SO. So ill be pretty happy either way.

Hi ladies, I'm so glad I came across this thread. I'm a US size 16 and cannot wait for baby to fill in this bump I'm carrying. I haven't taken any pics because to me I still look the same. My friends say fluffy instead of fat, so we will go with that :haha:.

Hi ladies, I'm so glad I came across this thread. I'm a US size 16 and cannot wait for baby to fill in this bump I'm carrying. I haven't taken any pics because to me I still look the same. My friends say fluffy instead of fat, so we will go with that :haha:.

Lol love it!

https://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q704/HecateProxy/CAM00498_zps1b749808.jpg

17 weeks tomorrow. o.o

Hi all! Im a size 20/22 uk and I am 14 + 3 im starting to swell but nothing noticeably just tighter clothing :/ does anyone in the uk know where i can buy maternity jeans?? I cant keep wearing dresses and leggings especially when winter comes!

Any ladies in here feeling proper movement yet? Has your other half managed to feel it yet?
I only really feel her when I'm lay down but it's not like proper kicking movement, it's more of a strong flutter. Like I've gone over a hill when driving and you get that funny churning feeling in your belly if you get what I mean. And I really want my other half to be able to feel her. When will this happen? Xx

Any ladies in here feeling proper movement yet? Has your other half managed to feel it yet?
I only really feel her when I'm lay down but it's not like proper kicking movement, it's more of a strong flutter. Like I've gone over a hill when driving and you get that funny churning feeling in your belly if you get what I mean. And I really want my other half to be able to feel her. When will this happen? Xx

I was feeling flutters and such from around 19/20 weeks, but didn't feel any movement from the outside until around 24/25 weeks. Hubby can feel it a little bit too. So I'd say give it a couple weeks, and then you should both be able to feel some pretty obvious movements.

We finally went for a private scan to determine our gender... it's a girl! We already have a little boy, so now one of each. :flower:

I had my glucose test done this morning. Crossing my fingers that it turns out okay, (although I know if I end up with GD, the specific diet will help control the weight gain :haha:).

We finally went for a private scan to determine our gender... it's a girl! We already have a little boy, so now one of each. :flower:

I had my glucose test done this morning. Crossing my fingers that it turns out okay, (although I know if I end up with GD, the specific diet will help control the weight gain :haha:).

Aww congrats on Team Pink!!!

Proxy cute bump :)

Kalyrra congratulations on being team pink xx

I have been feeling flutters for a little over a week now. Only very light but definitely there. I felt dd early too at around 12-13 weeks :)

Hi all! Im a size 20/22 uk and I am 14 + 3 im starting to swell but nothing noticeably just tighter clothing :/ does anyone in the uk know where i can buy maternity jeans?? I cant keep wearing dresses and leggings especially when winter comes!

try simplyB and places like that hun. Im not sure if Evans have a maternity range? maybe New look might have something too!

is this your first hun? if so it could be a couple more weeks yet.

Kalyrra - congratulations on team pink hun! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->