any plus size mummies to be?

Hey, im size 18 with the dreaded B belly as well but my belly is already starting to show. I just feel overly gross though even though SO loves my belly and our baby inside.

This is from when I was 14 weeks
https://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q704/HecateProxy/CAM00396_zpsf7349a3a.jpg

And this is from 15 weeks and three days

https://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q704/HecateProxy/CAM00403_zps4b53800b.jpg

I feel waaay to big but im also only 5'2, so baby has to go somewhere.

Hi all, I'm a plus size mumma too. I'm AU size 26.

I don't show till very late in pregnancy because im all tummy and hips lol

I'm a size 16ish in AUS no idea what that is in US. I think i look just fat and not pregnant. Although people are starting to stare at me. I'm 20 weeks tomorrow. My issue is all my fat is on my belly and a little on the hips. Im starting to learn to dress so I look pregnant. But its taking getting used to.

Proxy bump that is an amazing bump! I'm jealous!!! Going to try and find some maternity jeans soon - bliiming Next have totally sold out of my size which I had with baby #1 and totally loved. For some reason I threw away all my pregnancy clothes because "next time I'll be thin" ha ha ha.....

This is me at 28 weeks usually a size 20, tbh I started showing around 18 weeks but looked about 30 weeks pregnant!! Lol I was worried no one would notice I was pregnant but it feels amazing when people say how long have u left or do u no the sex? The only thing that does get me is when people say omg surely there's two in there or u certainly not going to go full term, r u sure ur dates are right!! Then I have to explain, I'm bigger anyway so I won't look like the size 8 people who get pregnant, I'm alway diabetic so my tummy and bubba are bigger!! Baby by scan is already measuring nearly 2 weeks ahead but gets to me when people say things! Why can't they just be happy??
X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 46
First off thank you for the kind words. Ive been feeling so gross and fat as of lately so hearing positive words made me tear up, but in a good way.
Lauran, your bump is awesome and so is that outfit!

I hope my bump ends up looking like yours!

This is my new favorite thread! I have been telling my DH for weeks that I just want people to know I am pregnant!! I also have a B belly. I felt like as my uterus was growing it was making the fat above my belly button bigger. It has started to become more even, but it is still really frustrating. If people look at me they make think "hmm is she pregnant or fat"

I just want to look pregnant!

They are great bumps ladies!! You're so lucky.
I'm getting dressed up for a BBQ tomorrow so I'll take a photo of my bump so far.

Back to the sciatica thing, how do I know if that's what it is? I've got chronic back pain at the moment.

WOW, I'm so glad other ladies are liking this thread-so nice to know I'm not the only one :) lush bump pics. I could take a pic lying down then people would know I was pregnant ;-)

I'm considered plus size. I wear 16-18 (US). It's mostly because of my hips though. My hips are wide. I weighed 222 prepregnancy this time. I've told people this and they are surprised because I have always seemed to carry it well. Well I felt like I was just fat up until about 3 weeks ago, and then all of sudden the bump just rounded out and you can tell it is a bump.

My belly is beginning to round out. This was taken today. Pregnant with #5.

https://i59.tinypic.com/97tm4j.jpg

I have been overweight the majority of my life... I finally got down to a healthy weight for my wedding (185 lbs at 5'10"), then got pregnant with my son about 7 months later. I haven't seen that weight since! :dohh:

I weighed in at 252 lbs on January 1st, and determined to lose the weight. I was a size 18/20. I made it down to 240 lbs by January 30th, which is when I got pregnant with #2.
I still stayed to my healthier eating habits, then developed the wonderful morning sickness and dropped down to 222 lbs by 18 weeks.

Now, at 25+5 I'm back up to 230 *sigh*. My goal was to not go over 240 this pregnancy as my OB requested I aim for a 15 lb gain. I'm not sure if she meant 15 lbs from my first weigh in (240), or??

Either way, I'm considered plus size. My size 18 jeans still fit over my bump (barely) thanks to the weight loss, but I definitely feel more like a whale than a pregnant woman.

I do find that if I wear a belly band (stretchy maternity material) I look more pregnant... if I don't, I just look fat. :haha:

Now, at 25+5 I'm back up to 230 *sigh*. My goal was to not go over 240 this pregnancy as my OB requested I aim for a 15 lb gain. I'm not sure if she meant 15 lbs from my first weigh in (240), or??

You could ask to clarify but usually the go by your initial weigh in. That's what my doctor is going by (which because of clothing, they had me at 225).

UK Ladies, Asda do amazing maternity leggings that I am not ashamed to admit I'm still wearing from when I was pregnant with DS2. The belly bit goes right up to my boobs so I don't get the heartburn I get when I wear maternity jeans and the belly band stops 3/4 of the way up my bump :) So comfortable and very very good at rounding out a bump :) I wear them with long shirts and tunics that are fitted under the bustline (empire line) so very flattering :)

I'm so glad to have found this thread!! I'm almost 16 weeks and desperate to look pregnant instead of just fat! I'm a UK size 18/20. I have the awful B belly, and I too feel like the top of the B is being pushed out more, despite baby not being anywhere near it yet! A few people at work have told me that I'm starting to show and I have to point out to them that it's not bump yet, but just fat that's being pushed out a bit :haha:
I have a mild panic on a daily basis because I'm sure I should be able to feel my uterus in my belly more, but then I think about how much padding I have a remind myself to calm down. When I lie down I can't really see anything yet, but I can feel more, especially in the morning when I have a fuller bladder!!
I'm loving the bump pics so far, can't wait till I have something there and I can share with you ladies too!

I'm pregnant with twins and scared of the extra weight I need to gain. I've gained 20 pounds so far and am 22 weeks. I should gain about 20 more probably. Right now I am 192 pounds or so.

Because of the rapid weight gain my pulse us fast when I walk up stairs and get up. It is also fast sometimes when I'm just sitting there. I worry about gestational diabetes but find I have become a worry wort anyway.

Because I'm having twins I definately show!

:hi: Hi ladies :D Its nice to see another plus size thread. I am also part of another which is a little quiet now since we all had our babies in 2013 https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1134343-plus-size-pregnant-join-here.html If anybody wants to it might be useful to flick through as i am sure there are some bump pics in there somewhere.

Im 26 and im a uk size 26/28. I weigh 287 lbs right now.. started off at 285lbs i think. Im all bum.belly and thighs.. I think i have like 3 stomachs just now :haha: I am already starting to get a bump although this will be as its my third and my stomach muscles will be shot to hell as ds2 was a section. With ds2 i started off at 18 stone and showed from around 16 weeks. xx

:hi: Hi ladies :D Its nice to see another plus size thread. I am also part of another which is a little quiet now since we all had our babies in 2013 https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1134343-plus-size-pregnant-join-here.html If anybody wants to it might be useful to flick through as i am sure there are some bump pics in there somewhere.

Im 26 and im a uk size 26/28. I weigh 287 lbs right now.. started off at 285lbs i think. Im all bum.belly and thighs.. I think i have like 3 stomachs just now :haha: I am already starting to get a bump although this will be as its my third and my stomach muscles will be shot to hell as ds2 was a section. With ds2 i started off at 18 stone and showed from around 16 weeks. xx

I was pregnant at the same time as you last time around and remember the plus size thread starting. I did join but it was way too busy for me to keep up as I only log on once every day or 3 :)

Slowly making my way over from 1st tri and I am so glad I found this thread!! Every time I go in to see my OB, all I see are stick women with bumps. I was starting to feel awful and self-conscious about my weight. I'm am currently a 22/24(US) It's nice to be able to talk with others that can relate.
I am trying so hard with this pregnancy to gain only 15lbs at most. I had gained 45lbs with my first and never lost it, and do not want to add on to that :blush: I've done well so far, only gaining 2lbs according to my OBs scale(I've gained nothing according to my WiiFit) I think the 2lbs was really just my clothes, since I weigh myself in nothing on my Wii.
And although I've really gained next to nothing, my bump has really started to show. I've been measuring since the start and put on almost 4 inches around my belly :)

Here's a recent bump picture. I look horrid, but it's the only picture I have right now.
10407733_10202323441950724_2926414495945983530_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->