any plus size mummies to be?

Well, no not really.... my husband is not very good at comforting and soothing. He has a bit of a short fuse and the baby freaking out uncontrollably just makes him angry. He can't get the baby to calm down if I have him do it and it just makes him mad and frustrates him. I guess the baby senses that or something and does not react well to hubby.

So, I get the joyous task of being on baby duty. Hubby does the other stuff though... he does all the shopping, he makes the bottles for me, he goes and gets stuff when I can't reach it ... he makes me food, takes out the trash, etc.. so, while he isn't helping directly with comforting the baby he is helping out in other ways.
Ohhh honey..I hope it gets better soon..till then just keep loving n soothing him.. Have u tried donor milk option? May b breast milk would suit him better than formula?

Demotivated I'm so jealous. Matty wakes every two hours like clockwork to eat. Makes it hard to do much else. Hope he falls into an easy schedule by 10 weeks.
I should say I m jealous.. I don't get to feed him breast milk :(
I get to hear crap from all doctors abt how I m not trying enough n how I m looking for convenient solutions..how I will not have any emotional bonding with my son.. It sucks..I would any day exchange the ability to breastfeed him with 6 hours of sleep at stretch :(

Ugh, it's wrong for ur doctors to be so judgmental! I have to supplement with formula bc I dint make enough milk. But it's excruciating watching baby struggle to suck out milk. I like the bottle and knowing he's fed. You and your baby will bond since he's well fed and happy.

Oh amythyst I'm so sorry! Poor little guy he must be so miserable! And you guys too. I hope he feels better soon. My DH had a short fuse as well and I have a feeling that could be the case if this little guy is colicky or sick. I think men sometimes get angry when they can't fix things especially something or someone they care about.

Arm, feelimg kinda crummy today. And my BP was borderline at my appt today so that could be why. I'm hoping I'm not coming down with something. Of course it could just be end of pregnancy fatigue. I'm retaining so much fluid right now as well. I just keep reminding myself I'm in the home stretch.

You're so close, Dini. The misery will be over soon. No promises on the fatigue, though ;)

Congrats dini. You are officially term now.. 37weeks plus.. Now brace urself..

I hope amethyst is doing fine. Seeing your baby cry incessantly is the worst feeling ever. I have been through that phase n can totally relate to her...

Ugh Dini, hang in there! Its funny actually, I was not retaining water while I was pregnant but after I gave birth my feet swelled up! They told me it was my body getting rid of all the fluid build up from my tummy. Keep an eye on your blood pressure... if you get any bad headaches or start to feel something in your chest, please seek help right away!

Thanks for the support! We are about to head out to the pediatric gastrointestinal doctor to see if they can sort out our little guy's issues. We know he has really bad reflux, but need a second opinion on treating it and how bad it is. I've been told to ask them to do a swallow study.

We have actually found a little bit of relief from his non stop crying. It was suggested to us to start swaddling him for sleeping and it has made a world of difference. We weren't doing it before because he really does hate it and he was always trying to wiggle out of it. So, we stopped doing it but he flails his arms and legs constantly while he sleeps, so it was waking him up all the time. He wasn't able to sleep at all. So, I used some of the velcro swaddle me sacks and poof, he can now sleep. The first time we did it, he slept for 4 hours!! Which was a Godsend because we hadn't slept at all in days. I think on top of all his pain, he was incredibly overtired and just miserable. It is sometimes really hard to get him to go to sleep swaddled, but he now sleeps at least 2 hours a stretch instead of 10-15 minutes. Its 5:30 AM right now and I put him down at 2:30 and he's still snoozing. He seems to like sleeping between 1 and 6 AM and will go a lot longer.

Oh amythyst I'm so happy you all are getting some sleep now. That has to help! I heard those swaddle sleep sacks are good and we got 3 of them so I'm hoping he likes them.

Good luck at the appt! Let us know how it goes.

Feeling a bit better today. I got a few hours of sleep and that helped. I'm taking it easy today. Doing some laundry and going to run to the store for a few things but otherwise just going to relax. I'm still tired and known that that won't change for a very long time.

You know I've heard that swelling can be worse right after delivery and boy I hope that doesn't last long because it's bad enough as it is!

I had some swelling after delivery, and it wasn't bad at all. I just had big feet for a couple days. You may get off easy too.

I hope so! We will see in a few weeks! Hopefully before lol.

I keep waiting for the whole nesting energy burst so I can get some stuff done but it hasn't shown up yet. So much to do and so little energy ;-)

@amythyst.. That is great news.. This sleeping pattern is ideal fr 3-4 weekers..I am so glad that tristian could sleep peacefully..
What did the gastro say?

@amythyst.. That is great news.. This sleeping pattern is ideal fr 3-4 weekers..I am so glad that tristian could sleep peacefully..
What did the gastro say?

Not a damn thing! They said there was nothing really "wrong" with him other than the reflux and every baby has it at some level bla bla... didn't even think we should be medicating him. Didn't think we should be on the Alimentum formula and that maybe we should try a thickening formula instead... said he was healthy, gaining weight, watched me feed him and said he is feeding well. If you count freaking out when I burp him as feeding well.

This baby is only happy and content for like 5-10 minutes after a feeding and then its right back to crying. The sleeping thing is on and off ... sometimes he will sleep and sometimes he won't. It takes me an hour sometimes to get him to sleep and then he'll of course need to be fed again like right after and the cycle continues... lol.

That's too bad about the gastro. Sometimes doctors just infuriate me!

Had cramps for a few hours this morning, but they went away and never got stronger and just seemed constant not like contractions or anything. A little more low back pain than usual but other than that I'm just getting impatient and I know it could still be weeks!

Guys..update..my baby has suddenly stopped smiling & playing... He is 11 weeks today n his head is very wobbly.. Eats mat during tummy time.. I am worried if this is regression n loss of skills.. He makes eye contact & coos..but showing delays otherwise.. Very very worried...

He's hitting a big developmental leap according to the Wonder Weeks book, and they often seem to regress temporarily while they figure all this new stuff out. I bet that's all it is - give it some time before you worry.

Guys..update..my baby has suddenly stopped smiling & playing... He is 11 weeks today n his head is very wobbly.. Eats mat during tummy time.. I am worried if this is regression n loss of skills.. He makes eye contact & coos..but showing delays otherwise.. Very very worried...

I wouldnt worry too much hun. Rohan has only just started playing and hes 15 weeks. he still eats the mat during tummy time and his head is very very wobbly. :hugs: Sometimes they just get tired and "serious" so dont smile as much. xxxx

I wouldnt worry too much hun. Rohan has only just started playing and hes 15 weeks. he still eats the mat during tummy time and his head is very very wobbly. :hugs: Sometimes they just get tired and "serious" so dont smile as much. xxxx
Thanks girls.. Well, he is back to smiling.. Thing is..his reflux is back.. But this time its more of a laundry problem.. He isn't in pain much, but spits up milk atleast once a day..that too a lot..doc has told to monitor his feeding n weight gain..hoping for best.. It certainly is damn messy :(

Aww London eats the mat too. He hates tummy time. He does have pretty good head control though.
Amythest, just a suggestion, but had you ever checked to see if baby has a lip/tongue tie? I've seen a lot of people on face book with really fussy/colic babies and turns out they have ties causing the problem. My baby is not extremely fussy however he's always had issue latching. I finally looked under the hood and he has one. I took him to a pediatric dentist and he has tongue restriction too. This can cause very gassy babies because they can't latch well to bottles and breast so they spit up a lot too. He latched better now that he's older but he still gags when I try to get a deeper latch so we are getting him revised.

Aww London eats the mat too. He hates tummy time. He does have pretty good head control though.
Amythest, just a suggestion, but had you ever checked to see if baby has a lip/tongue tie? I've seen a lot of people on face book with really fussy/colic babies and turns out they have ties causing the problem. My baby is not extremely fussy however he's always had issue latching. I finally looked under the hood and he has one. I took him to a pediatric dentist and he has tongue restriction too. This can cause very gassy babies because they can't latch well to bottles and breast so they spit up a lot too. He latched better now that he's older but he still gags when I try to get a deeper latch so we are getting him revised.

That's a good idea. Teddy had a tongue tie, and it's a quick fix. He still has trouble latching (tiny baby, big boobs), but it made a big difference.

I mentioned the tie to the pediatrician today and she looked in his mouth but sort of dismissed my mention of it and didn't say anything else...and with all the talk we were involved in, I forgot about it. Is there a better doctor to take them to to diagnose the tie? You said take him to a dentist?

I think he could have a lip tie but not sure about the tongue. This reflux thing is brutal ... we now have him on prilosec as of today and I don't think it made his tummy feel very good after we gave it to him. :( He just cries soooooooooo much its painful. A lot of the time we can't make him stop.

Maybe an ENT? Or an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant may be able to give you an unofficial diagnosis and recommend a good doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->