Any pregnant lesbian's that used turkey baster method?

Ah I just read all this thread. Me and my wife are currently just starting out on the TTC journey. After 3 months of taking prenatal vitamins and charting etc. We are now officially 7 dpo after home insemination with a lovely looking 10ml syringe and the other stuff I am not gonna think about :D and waiting to test next week (or for AF but got everything crossed my wife doesn't have another one for at least 9 months!). Trying hopelessly not to symptom spot at the moment!

Anja- I have everything crossed for you! Stay strong! x

Yeah, I am assured that my right ovary is still going strong and is nice and healthy, atleast now i know that there was something up with me and this can be addressed.

My partner has been amazing, she is such a support for me. We are hoping to try again pending the outcome of biopsy and such like. We should be commencing may 2013 again with donor insemination at home, just need to give my body time to mend after surgery.

hope you are all well and that your pregnancies are easy on you and you get nice, beautiful babies. trying2be2moms, are you in the knowledge of the sex of your baby yet?

x

Hey thanks for asking :) All is great so far I hope (still cannot stop the worry and stress lol). I am almost 16 weeks pregnant now...and will be hopefully having our gender scan on Valentine's day :D Hey how are you doing?? What team are you?!! Hope pregnancy is treating you well!! :hugs:

Anja, I am so sorry about what you are currently having to go through :( I wish you all the best xx

Ariannda, good luck on your journey hun, hope the Clomid works wonders!! xx

Good luck awesometwo!! Here's to a BFP soon!! :) :flower:

Anja- that all sounds good, will be hoping for the best.

awesometwo- hope you two get a bfp this cycle. did you just have one insemination?

carly- all sounds good, cant wait to hear results of your gender scan, what a fun way to spend v-day.

We are having a baby boy, its been good, getting more and more uncomfortable everyday, no major issues, there's been things we've been watching at different stages. but overall bub and i are both healthy.

I just happened to see your thread when I was looking through... my sister is a lesbian... she is 17 years old but her doctor told her recently that her endodemetrios is getting to bad... and that if she wants any children she needs to start trying in the next year or so...
She wants kids bad... so this has got us talking and researching how to go about it...
And so far we have one question do your recommend an actual turkey baster or a syringe with a tube attached to the end?

bris- advice for your sister : an actual turkey baster is not ideal, its too big. a 10ml sterile syringe is what is used mostly (bought at most chemists). You can get a sterile medical flexible plastic catheter that fits on the end of the syringe, but you do not want to insert it too far, just at the base of the cervix, if you go past that you risk infection. these items are one use items, buy in bulk.

Thank you! Its so hard to get answers about these things... we live down south way down south and down here they still think that being gay is the worse thing in the world... I hate it. And it really sucks that most of our family gives her hell for it...

there is a lot of info online, search artificial insemination, at home insemination, etc. best of luck to your sister

Hey Ladies,

That is me home and out of the hospital.. surgery went well... im very sore. They removed left ovary, fallopian tube and tumour (dermoid) which had grown to the size of a rugby ball im told.

I have to wait for the results of the biopsy and wait in fear that it is cancerous and my baby plans, and my life plans are altered. I am sooo scared.

I just wanted to be a mother, and this has totally knocked me and my partner off our feet.

I hope to start home inseminations or perhaps IUI pending good biopsy results, the insems hopefully starting again april. You never know, I could be pregnant come may.

Love too all of you and have nice, healthy pregnancies.

anja

Anja,
glad you are home, safe and sound. Will be keeping you in my thoughts for good news about the biospy, and hope you and your partner can start again on making a family! I imagine the shock and heartache you are going through and I send happiness and positivity to you! xx

All I can say is it works.

Research the topic, know your body, and never be to sure of things.

My partner started the research first for about 2 months, then I started researching it. Calculate your ovulation schedule on webmd. I was using ovulation kits, and they NEVER caught it. I would of missed my window if it wasnt for webmd.
We chose to do it for 5 days straight, once a day.
First night about 5 hours later I felt different, weird. I know, that we got it the first time. :happydance:
Make sure, you can locate your cervix, that is a big big thing too. you want to coat the outer part of it as well as you can.
I am still amazed that after only one try, we were able to do it.

here are the main points to remember while planning this to happen!

1: track your period, know your ovulation time.
2:practice locating the cervix (partner should do this, feels like a dimple)
3:after inserting it, lay on your back with legs up against the wall for at least 30 minutes, it helps the semen from leaking out.
4:start taking prenatials before you start trying to concieve.
5:make sure you orgasm it acts as a suctioning, because your cervix pulls in when you get there. rub your clit.
6: research research research.

things to use:

lube
disposible cups
syringe with no needle
gloves
whipes (hyperallergenic)

the more comfortable you are the better!

I am 3 weeks and 2 days pregnant, and my due date is Nov. 2,2013

good luck!!! just have this posting to assure you it does work if you know what you need to do!

:D

Thank you KittyKatKat,

For that marvelous, descriptive piece of information.

Glad it worked for you... some people aren't as fortunate though, whether it be through arsehole donors or your body not functioning the way you hope it would.

I started this post months ago, when I was both ignorant and stupid in thinking that it would happen first time. Haha! What an eye opener I had.

Anyhow, thanks for letting us all know that it worked for you, glad that you are pregnant and have a little miracle growing inside your belly... have a nice pregnancy..keep us up to date with pics and stuff.

Hi ladies,

I hope everyone is in a good place right now. I just hit the half-way mark on Tuesday and had my anatomy scan last Monday. I am due August 27th. I have been very nervous since the missed miscarriage in September, but I'm now just starting to feel his kicks. (I found out it's a boy- I had a really strong hunch that it was a boy!)

Anja- How are you feeling? Are you ready to try again? I do know what it's like to have things not go quite as planned. You are lucky they were able to find the problem and hopefully you will have better luck this next go round. Because a lot of my friends are in their later 30's, I see how long it can take and the heartbreak. It will be worth it in the end though.

2mums- You must update us after your boy arrives. :happydance: How exciting!

Take care ladies. I'll be sure to check in more frequently. I have 7 more weeks of work and I'll then be on vacation until after my baby is born. (My first summer off in nine years of teaching!) Hopefully it will be babies all around!:baby:

Hey spinster.

So nice to hear from you... me, yourself and trying2be2mums were all trying together at the start of this post. I am so happy all is well with you. both yourself and trying2be2mums are expecting baby boys.

Just hope in the near future my little baby will be conceived. I have one ovary now, and it also has a cyst on it so only God knows what is in store for me. I remain fairly positive until such time where i am told it will never happen, i am determined.

Hope you are all well and congrats to you who are pregnant and baby dust to those who are TTC.

bless you all.

anja

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"