Any recommendations on attractive well fitting nursing bras:?

fashionlover

Reaction score
I am 12 months into breastfeeding my daughter. I have been using the same bras since I gave birth to her. While they are super comfortable they are not supportive or attractive in the least. Any one find a good fitting supportive one that isn't a pain in the butt to use? :wacko:

No luck here. I bought a well fitting normal bra and installed nursing clips myself. Best thing ever.

Nursing bras I swear are made like for the first 3 months of breastfeeding. There are no "normal" bras for breastfeeding, after you are done with engorgement and sore nipples. Especially for extended breastfeeding! I got tired of wearing those nasty ugly unsupportive things!

I found a great one at Target! It is supportive, the cups clip on and off easily and it's very cute. Fun magenta color. I found it on clearance for next to nothing and wish they had it in more colors! Reminds me I should check back to see if there are more in stock...

Love the PP's idea of installing clips in a normal bra, so smart!!

Do you mean you are using the same brand or the same actual bra?

You'll probably be a completely different size and shape to when you gave birth so you need a good fitting first off.

I wore Royce bra's but the nearest stockist to you is Kentucky! However I saw a similar thread posted the other day and a USA lady replied with a brand she loved, maybe try searching some old threads as this question is always asked ALOT.

I bought all new bras to convert, not ones I had already! I was a 32/34DDD Before pregnancy, 36G when pregnant, 34H when I started nursing now a 32I!

I should probably look around for some cute ones too!
For now I have been wearing leading lady nursing sports bra (amazon). Primarily because it is 95%cotton and has the best support that I found in a non underwire bra. It has wide straps and an inside sling that somewhat still supports the boob when nursing.
It is not in the least bit attractive (heather gray color). What works for me is to dress it up with a camisole. There is a tutorial on pinterest that helps to combine nursing bra and camisole into a nursing camisole. So I bought lacey camisoles in different colors which I then layer with regular tops.
How do you attach nursing clips? Is there a tutorial I could follow. And where do you find the clips?

I've not tried them myself but figleaves.com have some nicer looking nursing bras. Might have to treat myself after pay day.

I got mine from Marks and Spencer, I wouldn't say they are the most attractive, they aren't awful looking though and they are a lot more supportive than the rubbish mothercare ones.

I'm an F cup now, and so I was more limited. Some of the nicer ones didn't go that big.

I got a French nursing bra from zulily! So cute and definitely the most supportive one I own. It has ribbon and lace and makes me feel pretty!

How do you attach nursing clips? Is there a tutorial I could follow. And where do you find the clips?

I used this tutorial. I hand sewed them in. It took about an hour. I cut the clips out of a nursing cami that was too large since I've lost weight. I also used the elastic straps from the nursing cami instead of ribbon.

I had a look online at h&m and saw some nice ones at reasonable prices. Havent tested them so cannot say how good they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->