Any Slimming World people here? I just don't get it :( *UPDATE* P3

Also not sure if you have access to a kitchen at work but mug shots are handy and some of those are free. Hi-Fi bars would also be handy for a packed lunch if you dont mind using them as your HE. Cous Cous is another option for lunch, usually syn free or very low in syns. I like it with a sald with lots of pickled onions and beetroot! x

Thank you ever so much for all your help!

The couscous with beet root and onions sounds great! I'll have that tomorrow! :)

Hi Beth :hugs:

I use smash to make my pizza's :-/

I make up a packet of smash so that it looks like a dough substance. Roll it out into a rough circle. Then just add whatever you like :) I use tomato puree then chopped up ham, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, sweetcorn, some cheese (synd, or from your healthy extras) and put it in the oven for 30 minutes :) It is quite nice. I normally have a big salad with it. You can get loads of your super free in too :)

:hugs:

:hi:

I'm a slimming world lover :) it's a brilliant diet (although I don't like calling it a diet, it's more of a teaching you how to eat properly group!)

Don't worry to much about going over your Syns on one day. We are told to look at it another way, you have 105 for the week :).

Some people get two jars,put 105 pennies in one jar, and as you use syns move the corresponding amount of pennies in to the other jar. :thumbup:

Also get yourself the all in one recipe book. it's amazing!!!

If you need any help let me know xx

Also - step away from mid week weighing! it will drive you insane. pick a day and time and stick to that every week. it can change so much throughout the day it's not worth the stress x

Thanks everyone for your help! :D

Today is weigh-in day! :O

I've lost 6lb in my first week! :happydance:

I've found it not too bad to stick to. I'm not a lover of fruit or raw carrot/cucumber so have found myself going hungry a bit between meals as i don't have much snack choice but i'm managing.

Hopefully i can keep it up and i'll lose my 4st goal this year :D

I'd like to get under 12 stone. But i'm using small goals, each stone bracket is an achievement for me. My first objective is to lose 16lb so that i can have more IVF treatments, second it's my daughter's 3rd birthday at the end of May, 19 weeks away, i'd love to have lost 2 stone by then. That'll be 1 1/2lb per week. I'm really hoping we can do it. I have amazing support from DH who is doing it with me. If i don't get 2 stone off by then then we're going on holiday in June and i'd like to have lost it by then.

Either way this is it for us now. I'm not saying we'll never have a takeaway again or blow our points, after all we're going for a meal on the 24th January so that'll be bad that day, but we know we'll go back to our new way of eating and cooking straight after!

Cherub85 I didn't think we could carry points over to the next day?

Tonight we're having pizza topped chicken breast with salad :D

We are always told we can carry them over. But only in one week. You can't carry them in to the next.

As for snack ideas, try making slimming world quiche, good little filler!! X

*UPDATE*

Well i joined SW on the 8th January, today it's the 4th February and i've lost 14lb so far! That's my first stone! :D

I'm so so pleased! My next goal is to lose another stone by March 31st which is my niece's Christening and i'll be a Godmother. I'm hoping i can keep it up and reach my next target before the 31st March BUT i know that the first 2 weeks of my diet had quite a bit of weight loss which you don't get every week. I seem to be tailing off to 2lb a week, if i can keep it at 2lb per week that'd be great and i should lose my second stone by 25th March, we'll see.

Just wanted to say how great SW is, we don't go, only do it online but both me and DH stick to it. All our meals are from the SW recipe books, all cooked from scratch.

I bought the 30 day shred dvd but haven't started it yet, really don't know when i'm going to get time as i'm up with LO at 7, out the door by 7.45, then home at 5pm to make LO's tea, DH comes home at 6 and we go up to do LO's bath and bed, then i come down at 7 to cook for me and DH :shrug:

would ur hubby cook a couple of nights a week so u can do a workout?and maybe one day a week get up a wee bit earlier to fir it in then?

it sounds hard but it is worth it

It is hard!!! Lol.

Glad your doing so well with SW Hun, well done on the loss so far :thumbup: it's a great diet once you can sink your teeth in to how it works xx

If you do a red week, what foods are included in a red week? someone mentioned if i joined slimming world and did red weeks, it would help with my thyroid and weight loss.

Red weeks concentrate on meat, all your lean meats and fish are free but you will need to count pasta, rice, potatoes etc. You get 2 healthy b's and 1 or 2 healthy a's (your choice). Green days are the opposite - count the meat but the rice, pasta , potatoes etc are free. This is how Slimming World used to work (when I joined the first few times!), they didnt used to have the Extra Easy option years ago.

I have weighed in today, 16lb off in 5 weeks (flu has helped hurry it along this week!). Very pleased :)

I love slimming world too!! For pizza base I use Warburton square wraps. They are eight syns each and then I just top them with cheese,tomato puree, and lots of super free veg, yummy!!

Well done on doing so fab!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->