Any success with natural remedies to encourage miscarriage?

Lionchild

LTTTC#1
Reaction score
I found out I had a missed miscarriage this past Monday. I would have been slightly over 8 weeks. The baby stopped growing at around six and a half weeks. I'm devastated—actually I'm more angry right now—as this is my second miscarriage since we began TTC our first for the past year and a half.

I'm more the natural type with my health and would like to wait out a natural miscarriage, but due to the timing of things I had to schedule a D&C for next Wednesday. I have 3 weekends of qualifying exams for my PhD program starting next weekend, and I can't risk miscarrying in the middle of those. I'm still hoping a natural miscarriage will begin before Wednesday.

Has anyone had any luck with natural techniques for inducing miscarriages? I'm having acupuncture done in the morning and was going to head to the herb store for some blue cohosh. I can find lots of information on folk remedies, but no information on if people have had success with them. Please respond if you have tried something that works (or had no luck with a remedy). I know everyone's body responds differently to things, but it would be nice to have a real-world experience to draw on.

Thanks!!

I think starting off a miscarriage with natural remedies is probably going to be a case of some things will help it get started if its about to get started anyway. I'd be worried about side effects of things strong enough to get things going regardless.

Could you opt for medical miscarriage treatment? I used Clary Sage and Raspberry Leaf tea during my medical miscarriage to help control the pain and speed things along which helped. Although my medical wasn't completely successful and some bits got missed and I needed a D&C... it did feel a lot more natural than going to sleep and waking up to find things finished.

Hi, Celesse. Thanks so much for your response. Can you clarify what you mean by medical miscarriage treatment? Do you mean pills from the doctor? Thanks!

It seems to vary hospital to hospital. The treatment regime I had was 4 Misoprostol pessaries (vaginally) and then home to miscarry. Other regimes might be some oral tablets then pessaries 48 hours later. Mine wasn't successful, not everything passed and I think what should have happened is I should have had a second lot of pessaries 3-4days later.

Here was my experience of the treatment.

I tried using Caulophyllum with my last miscarriage but it didn't work. I also wasn't using it regularly as I was hoping to make it to my D&C appt so that might have made a difference. Otherwise, I've read Blue Cohosh is supposed to be pretty good but it looks like you are already getting that.

I bought Blue Cohosh and then found I can't take it because I have low blood pressure. It apparently makes it lower.

I canceled my D&C. I really want to try to do this naturally (even though the timing could make things very complicated). It's what's right for me. I'm going to just wait it out without any herbs or natural substances. There are too many potential side effects. I'm going to continue acupuncture treatments, which I'm doing anyway for other reasons.

Thanks for your help, celesse and dairy momma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->