Any suggestions?

Fallen8905

My 2 cats and my pooch!
Reaction score
I am on my fitness pal but i don't like it that much because I don't understand the concept of eating the calories you burnt back! Like I have done a hour and 20 min work out and have 1805 calories today to eat instead if the 1200! What's the point of burning fat/ calories just to eat them back

So has anyone any suggestions on other sites please?

MFP's calories are bunk IMO as well, it's ridiculous how little calories and skewed the macros (protein and fat too low, carb too high) it sets. BUT the actual calories for foods is the most accurate online, so I use it anyways.

A simple rule used in fitness is bodyweight in pounds x 12 for fat loss (or x 10 if morbidly obese) and then .45 x bodyweight in pounds for grams of fat and 1 x bodyweight in pounds for protein.

So, I'm at 2000 calories a day (breastfeeding, 5'5 and 136lbs now) and about 90g in fat and 135 grams protein. The rest from carbs. And I hit those targets, regardless of what MFP tells me to do.

I've lost 10lbs in just over 6 weeks.

Oh I just realized you wanted to eat 600 LESS than mfp recommends. The reason it says 1800 is because you need to eat enough to preserve your muscle mass while losing the fat. 1200 + that kind of working out is just going to burn muscle mass along with fat, you're left with a skinnier but still flabby version of yourself.

1800, over long-term, will leave you with a much better looking physique than crashing at 1200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->