Any super late ovulators? Anyone have a success story?

Isme

Reaction score
I'm feeling down and frustrated right now. I'm just looking for some hope. I'd love to hear from anyone who conceived their child super late in a cycle, especially if that cycle was random or even later than usual. I'm just grasping at straws, I know... But I need something to get me through the next couple of weeks.

I didn't get a positive OPK until CD24 this cycle, and I'm pretty sure that I don't actually ovulate until two days after my LH surge. We DTD the day before my positive OPK and then the day after... So I should be covered, but I'm just feeling like it's pointless. I keep stumbling across stories about late ovulation ending in failure. This is the latest I've ovulated since I started TTC. (I'm 7 cycles in now.) From what I can tell, my normal pattern is to get a positive OPK around CD18 (putting actual ovulation around CD20), though that is definitely not set in stone. Last month I got a +OPK on CD20, but I thought it was because I was under some physical stress right before ovulation, and maybe it was delaying things. I also had a REALLY long cycle after my chemical pregnancy this summer. I think I ovulated on CD37 that time, but I figured it was due to crazy hormone issues because of the early loss.

This time around I was doing a couple of things differently. I started taking a very low dose of Maca each day (just one 500mg capsule) and I also took an activated b-complex up until like CD21 or something. I quit taking it then because I was afraid that it was the reason I hadn't ovulated yet... and it may have been, since I finally got a positive OPK a few days after I stopped. I just don't know what to do. I think I need those b vitamins, but I can't handle these insanely long cycles. I don't have all the time in the world to conceive, and I don't want to have repeated miscarriages because the late-ovulating eggs are failing. Any advice or experience to share?

When i got pregnant with my son, we were trying for 6 months, and every month my cycle would get longer and longer, and I would get my hopes up (I wasn't charting at first), and then wonder why i got constant bfns and no period. On the sixth month I decided to start charting - and quickly realised I was ovulating very late, almost when I was expecting AF to arrive! We made sure we BD'd every 2-3 days throughout that cycle, until ovulation was detected - and when I had positive OPKs we BD'd every day for 3 days straight. It worked for us, I was over the moon.

I am charting again now we are trying again - I had my implant out about 6 weeks ago and ovulated quite late again this cycle. Managed to time BD around it though and keeping everything crossed!

Good luck :)

Thank you so much for sharing! Good luck to you too. :)

Hi isme. I also ovulate very late. About cd22-24 with AF arriving Cd 29. I decided that there wasn't enough time between ovulation and Af to even allow implantation. After a or of research I took black cohosh from CD 1-12. That month I ovulated on CD 14! I also took progestrone (perscribed by the doc). But that month I for my BFP and I just know it was with the help of the cohosh. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage a few days ago af 8 weeks but when we're ready to try again I plan on taking cohosh because I know it helped.

Hi isme. I also ovulate very late. About cd22-24 with AF arriving Cd 29. I decided that there wasn't enough time between ovulation and Af to even allow implantation. After a or of research I took black cohosh from CD 1-12. That month I ovulated on CD 14! I also took progestrone (perscribed by the doc). But that month I for my BFP and I just know it was with the help of the cohosh. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage a few days ago af 8 weeks but when we're ready to try again I plan on taking cohosh because I know it helped.

What cd did you take the progesterone?

I am so sorry for your loss. :(

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad that you found something that works for you. I guess my next question would have been to ask if there is anybody had found a way to move up their ovulation time, so that definitely helps. I am nervous to try anything else just yet. Maca was also reported to move up ovulation time for some ladies... I'm just not that lucky. It is also unusual for it to take 7 weeks for your cycle to return after a CP, but I think my body just hates me. lol

I'm feeling down and frustrated right now. I'm just looking for some hope. I'd love to hear from anyone who conceived their child super late in a cycle, especially if that cycle was random or even later than usual. I'm just grasping at straws, I know... But I need something to get me through the next couple of weeks.

I didn't get a positive OPK until CD24 this cycle, and I'm pretty sure that I don't actually ovulate until two days after my LH surge. We DTD the day before my positive OPK and then the day after... So I should be covered, but I'm just feeling like it's pointless. I keep stumbling across stories about late ovulation ending in failure. This is the latest I've ovulated since I started TTC. (I'm 7 cycles in now.) From what I can tell, my normal pattern is to get a positive OPK around CD18 (putting actual ovulation around CD20), though that is definitely not set in stone. Last month I got a +OPK on CD20, but I thought it was because I was under some physical stress right before ovulation, and maybe it was delaying things. I also had a REALLY long cycle after my chemical pregnancy this summer. I think I ovulated on CD37 that time, but I figured it was due to crazy hormone issues because of the early loss.

This time around I was doing a couple of things differently. I started taking a very low dose of Maca each day (just one 500mg capsule) and I also took an activated b-complex up until like CD21 or something. I quit taking it then because I was afraid that it was the reason I hadn't ovulated yet... and it may have been, since I finally got a positive OPK a few days after I stopped. I just don't know what to do. I think I need those b vitamins, but I can't handle these insanely long cycles. I don't have all the time in the world to conceive, and I don't want to have repeated miscarriages because the late-ovulating eggs are failing. Any advice or experience to share?

I am not an expert but from what I know it does not matter when you actually O. It is the quality of the eggs. The Maca should have helped the quality of your eggs. It is also about how long your luteal phase is.

However, if I were you I would do all the research I could to help me understand why I ovulate so late, and what natural thing I could do to get my cycle healthy. the docs will give you a pill. But your body is telling you it needs help. It is only up to you to give your body exactly what it needs in order for it to function optimally.

I have learned that most every disorder and problem is traced back to what we eat and the health of our colon. that is a start for you. You have to really pay attention to what you are eating. A lot of the food is poison. And that is no dramatics. Coming from experience.

You are absolutely right. There is likely an underlying issue that is causing my late and irregular ovulation. I guess it could be anything. At one point I was dealing with suspected PCOS, but I never got an ultrasound to confirm cysts. I do have (or had) regularish cycles, so I had hoped it wouldn be too much of an issue as long as I could control my blood sugar better.

On that note, I am prediabetic, but I try to make decent food choices, because if I don't then I feel awful. I was taking Saw Palmetto for a while and it was doing good things for me, but it is not safe to take during pregnancy, so I had to stop. I had also been taking cinnamon for my blood sugar, but it causes uterine contractions, so is also not safe for pregnancy or the TWW. I tried to replace it with some cider vinegar last month, and I think it did okay, but I can't be sure.

I also highly suspect that I may have a clotting disorder of some kind, which impacts my food choices because I have to be careful about eating foods with a high vitamin k content. It seems that my circulatory system runs best when I am K1 deficient. That makes healthy eating a little trickier, and I also have to take things to help my blood stay smooth. Nattokinase has done wonders there, but I wish I could get a doctor who actually listens to their patients, as it is a bit scary trying to figure all of this out on my own.

With my toddler, I got a bfp at 17dpo. I tested every day from 9dpo. At the time I had 45 day cycles. Now I'm 12 dpo and still getting bfn, but I'm optimistic that I had a late implantation.

I conceived my son during a long cycle, I had a period in mid November 2009 and conceived him around March 4th 2010.

Ovulating at CD26+ is normal for me. I ovulated about CD 33 last cycle and got pregnant (chemical pregnancy) and this cycle I've confirmed ovulation on CD34.

A 28 day cycle seems so amazing to me, what a dream to only have the tiniest of wait to start TTC again after a period!

According to early ultrasounds with my daughter I ovulated about 19dpo so that is early for me.

With my toddler, I got a bfp at 17dpo. I tested every day from 9dpo. At the time I had 45 day cycles. Now I'm 12 dpo and still getting bfn, but I'm optimistic that I had a late implantation.

Thank you for sharing. So you are pretty sure you concieved late in that cycle? You don't happen to know what cycle day it was, do you?

I conceived my son during a long cycle, I had a period in mid November 2009 and conceived him around March 4th 2010.

Ovulating at CD26+ is normal for me. I ovulated about CD 33 last cycle and got pregnant (chemical pregnancy) and this cycle I've confirmed ovulation on CD34.

A 28 day cycle seems so amazing to me, what a dream to only have the tiniest of wait to start TTC again after a period!

According to early ultrasounds with my daughter I ovulated about 19dpo so that is early for me.
Wow that was definitely a long cycle with your son! I am sorry about your loss last cycle. :(

I agree that it would be amazing to have 28 day cycles. I have been menstruating since I was 10 years old. I don't think I have ever had 28 day cycles. They would come roughly every month, but there wasn't a predictability to the day. I use to be amazed that other girls/women would know exactly when theirs was coming. The closest I got to semi-regularity was when I was taking Saw Palmetto. Unfortunately, I don't know if I was actually ovulating, just that my period would come every 29-30 days. I've read that it can raise prolactin levels, which can prevent ovulation... but then you'd think that my cycles wouldn't have been so regular. Who knows, though? It can cause defects in male fetuses, so I guess it's a moot point anyway.

I just want to be "normal"... :nope:

To be normal would be amazing wouldn't it? I got my periods around age 12 and I have had one 27 day cycle, I guess it was a period brought on by stress as my daughter was hit by a car (she's fine, was last year). Apart from that the shortest I've recorded was 35 days.

To be normal would be amazing wouldn't it? I got my periods around age 12 and I have had one 27 day cycle, I guess it was a period brought on by stress as my daughter was hit by a car (she's fine, was last year). Apart from that the shortest I've recorded was 35 days.

:hugs: I am so glad your daughter is okay.

Irregular cycles do suck. I've had some shorter ones, so I guess I can't complain too much. It's just the NOT KNOWING that bugs the crap out of me. I wouldn't mind 35 day cycles if I knew for sure that they were going to happen the same way every time... I'm actually glad that we're TTC because it's helped me to feel more in control and understand my cycle a little better. Before, if my cycle ran past 32 days, I would be wondering what on earth was going on and worrying about pregnancy. Now that I know how my ovulation day jumps all over the place, and that my period won't come until 10-14 days after that, then I feel a *little* less out of control since I can pinpoint approximate ovulation with OPKs. It still sucks, though.

How does cd100+ sound?! That was with my now 6 Yr old. 😊

I have long cycles so usually ovulate between 21-28 but it has been later x

How does cd100+ sound?! That was with my now 6 Yr old. ��

I have long cycles so usually ovulate between 21-28 but it has been later x

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing! It looks like you've been fairly successful with your late ovulation. ;)

That definitely gives me hope. <3

definitely. I honestly don't think it matters, I just think the egg starts maturing later. I don't think it effects the quality or anything so long as your lp is fine &#9786;&#65039; Xx

definitely. I honestly don't think it matters, I just think the egg starts maturing later. I don't think it effects the quality or anything so long as your lp is fine &#9786;&#65039; Xx

I really hope that's the case. My luteal phase is okay... I think it was around 10-11 days until this last cycle when I started a b-complex. That cycle was 14 days, though I had a very tiny amount of spotting prior to what I counted as CD1. I just keep coming across stuff that talks about late ovulation as if any conception from that late day would be doomed. Lots of talk about chemical pregnancies and early miscarriages. Just depressing.

The part I find SO ANNOYING is when you are having a long cycle, but of course it's sort of early on and you don't know it yet, and your body acts like it's ovulating but it isn't or is trying and fails! Get the EWCM, the high open cervix etc but only to find that it happens all over again days and days later when you finally actually do ovulate, but by then OH is sick of having sex :dohh:

I chart by CM so my charts often have this wave thing going on with my CM. I had thought I already ovulated around CD 21:

https://i67.tinypic.com/ilye0p.png

Don't get depressed Isme, there's certainly a lot of us who have longer cycles, ovulate later on and have successful pregnancies :hugs:.

The part I find SO ANNOYING is when you are having a long cycle, but of course it's sort of early on and you don't know it yet, and your body acts like it's ovulating but it isn't or is trying and fails! Get the EWCM, the high open cervix etc but only to find that it happens all over again days and days later when you finally actually do ovulate, but by then OH is sick of having sex :dohh:

I chart by CM so my charts often have this wave thing going on with my CM. I had thought I already ovulated around CD 21:

<snipped pic>

Don't get depressed Isme, there's certainly a lot of us who have longer cycles, ovulate later on and have successful pregnancies :hugs:.
That is definitely super frustrating, Minties. What a crazy chart you had with those symptoms!

There has been more than one month since we've been trying that something similar has happened to me (minus the CP, because I don't check it other than to note how things feel during sex). I think that for once I might be gearing up to ovulate around the normal time, and then the OPKs tell a different story. This is especially an issue with us because my DH deals with low... drive. If I don't hold out until the perfect time, then he may not be 100% when we need it. I envy people who don't have to deal with that.

As far as CP goes, I have found that I been feeling low (?) when we DTD around the time of my positive OPK. Certain positions are painful/difficult for me around that time, and it seems strange because I thought that your cervix was supposed to be high and out of the way when you're fertile? I'm guessing that's not a good sign. Argh. When we DTD the day before my positive OPK this time, my cervix felt very low. When we did it the day after the +OPK, it still felt low, but seemed to get better toward the end of our "session". I wonder if it's even possible to get pregnant if your CP isn't cooperating. I guess I'm just wondering about everything. It's hard not to feel a little broken when something as simple as getting knocked up seems so elusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->