Any super late ovulators? Anyone have a success story?

I have always had cycles of a few months and very irregular due to PCOS.

When we were ttc no1 on clomid I had a 30 day cycle, an annovulatory cycle then we went for a follicle scan on cd13 on cycle 3 and were told there were no follicles growing. My dr's policy is wait till cd35 and then take progesterone since I don't get AF naturally.

I kept tracking my temps and using opks and got my +ve opk on cd31. I had so given up that cycle. I got my BFP from that ovulation :)

Late ovulation doesn't necessarily mean the egg is about later, it just doesn't start to mature until later!

I agree about how annoying long unpredictable cycles are. My last cycle (on clomid) was 30 days and now I have ovulated on cd14. It seems soooo quick

Good luck x

I have always had cycles of a few months and very irregular due to PCOS.

When we were ttc no1 on clomid I had a 30 day cycle, an annovulatory cycle then we went for a follicle scan on cd13 on cycle 3 and were told there were no follicles growing. My dr's policy is wait till cd35 and then take progesterone since I don't get AF naturally.

I kept tracking my temps and using opks and got my +ve opk on cd31. I had so given up that cycle. I got my BFP from that ovulation :)

Late ovulation doesn't necessarily mean the egg is about later, it just doesn't start to mature until later!

I agree about how annoying long unpredictable cycles are. My last cycle (on clomid) was 30 days and now I have ovulated on cd14. It seems soooo quick

Good luck x

Thanks for sharing your success story, LoveCakes! :D

I think it's so cool that you ovulated right in the nick of time, and then got your BFP from it. I guess that just lends to the idea that what's meant to be, will be. :)

I have long cycles, too. I usually ovulate between cd19 and cd24. However there's always the occasional cycle that I won't ovulate until cd30-something. :wacko:

I got pregnant in August with ovulation on cd32. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage, though. I had a chemical in June as well and I ovulated on cd25 that cycle. In 2011, I had a really, really long cycle that resulted in my pregnancy with my youngest. I'm not sure of the exact dates, but I think I ovulated somewhere around cd42. She was born happy and healthy a few days after her due date. :)

I only had 3 cycles when TTC/NTNP my DD. First cycle was 168 days - no ov detected. Second cycle was 49 days - ov was about CD30 something. Third cycle was 46 days ending with a bfp on 13dpo ish. Since coming off the pill this time, my first cycle was 51 days with ov on CD38 x

I thought I'd update you that I got a positive today at CD46 and ovulated at CD35.

I had a chemical last cycle but ovulated about CD34 so managed a BFP twice in a row with long cycles, and years of fertility issues before my first.

I thought I'd update you that I got a positive today at CD46 and ovulated at CD35.

I had a chemical last cycle but ovulated about CD34 so managed a BFP twice in a row with long cycles, and years of fertility issues before my first.

Congratulations, Minties! I hope this is your sticky bean. :)

I guess that is the same concern I have, though. I know that pregnancy is possible with late ovulation, but I just keep seeing so many negative things about the outcomes of those pregnancies. When I had my chemical pregnancy in June, I had ovulated on CD19 or CD20. If that didn't work out for me, then it's hard not to get a little worried about ovulating on CD26. This thread has helped, though. I really needed to hear some stories that had happy endings. :)

I am about 9dpo myself, and I already feel out. I am bummed. I am already thinking about how long it will be until my next ovulation. :(

Hi Isme and ladies!

I ovulated on CD 21 and got my BFP this cycle. My cycles are completely irregular and I never ovulate on the same CD (or close to it).

Best of luck to you all!! :dust:

Hi Isme and ladies!

I ovulated on CD 21 and got my BFP this cycle. My cycles are completely irregular and I never ovulate on the same CD (or close to it).

Best of luck to you all!! :dust:

Thank you for sharing! Hope you have a happy and healthy nine months!

Unfortunately, this was not my month. I am 12DPO and I started spotting yesterday at 2am. Nothing but BFNs and I have a feeling I'm not going to make it until 14DPO without starting my AF in full force. It's only been 8 months of serious TTC so far, but it's hard not to get discouraged. I think it's made even more difficult by the fact that I have NO idea when to expect my next ovulation. It could be an entire month from now and adding a TWW to that is just painful. :(

Don't be discouraged Isme. :friends:

Are you tracking your temps? OPKs?

Don't be discouraged Isme. :friends:

Are you tracking your temps? OPKs?

I've been using OPKs. My ovulation day is not consistent, so I have to track so that I can make sure I'm hitting it when it eventually occurs. I actually got a positive OPK 14 days ago, but my other fertility signals (ovulation pains and cervical mucus) lead me to believe that I don't ovulate until about 48 hours after I get my positive. So with that it mind, it would make me 12DPO today-- IF I actually ovulated. Without temping, there is no way to prove that I actually ovulated after my positive OPK. I've thought about temping during my next cycle, but I'm worried that it may be too much for me. I don't have really great sleep habits, and it would be hard to get an accurate temperature consistently. I am also worried that it would throw me over the edge into utterly obsessive-- which I am riding the line of already. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->