Any take migraine preventative ?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
Since April I've had a sudden increase in migraines which are leaving my blind in one eye and reduced visibility in the other. With 1 and 3 year old to look after its not easy. I was referred to neurologist who said they were severa migraines and gave me a preventative (propanolol) and a relief (sumatriptan) if I get a migraine. I've been taking the preventative for a week and can't function. I can't sleep, I can't concentrate and I'm still getting migraines. Doctor said it can take 4-6 weeks to gethe in to your system but Its killing me. I was told there was an alternative Topiramate but I can't fall pregnant on it as it's dangerous for the baby. Would I look silly going back to the doctor so soon? I

I'd definitely go back. Especially having two babies to look after. Your health is paramount too !!.

My MIL suffers with them too and she's been given the same medication. No chance for her.

Hopefully you will find a solution soon ! xx

Thank you. How long has your MIL been on them? I feel so stupid going back so soon, but it's so hard. It's quarter past 2 in the afternoon and feel like going to bed right this second. I feel as if I've been awake for a week :-(

my dad takes the alternative medication and wonder if I could just phone and ask to try it. the thought of getting the 3 of us ready, and the walk to the doctors seems impossible right now. sounds dramatic but I've never felt like this in my life x

TBH like you she stopped taking them. She was on it for a few weeks and wasn't working. Said made her feel funny !!.

There's nothing worse than a migraine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->