Any thoughts....please....

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
Hello girls. Well my little lady is 6 days old today and she is doing great. However, she seems so unsettled sleep wise and is worse at night than she is during the day. She will wake regularly and cry out (not hunger) her little body goes all rigid and she pulls her legs up. I am sure this is a bit of tummy ache as i can see her straining, hear/feel her passing wind in her nappy. She does eventually have a poo but only a little. She will than settle to sleep, but 20 mins (ish) later, it happens again -normaly goes on like this for a good 3 hrs - I feel like i am constantly changing her nappy between feeds at night and her little bum is slightly sore.

Also she doesn't bring up much wind during/after feeding - we wind her for a good ten mins and may get one - two on a good day! How many 'burps' do your LO bring up?

So just some advice really - could it be constipation - she seems to 'go' a little easier during the day.

Is it just her tiny body getting used to digesting milk?

Wind/colic - are they the sam thing?

I really don't know Has anybody else had this/can offer advice?

Am so tired as although her feeds are beginning to settle into a routine (sometimes) i'm not getting to sleep due to the tummy/wind problem!

Maybe she needs a dif milk? She is on SMA Gold. Can anyone recommend a milk that is good for windy babies/easier on the tummy - digestion? There are sooo many milks out there i don't really know where to start......

Hope to hear your thoughts as this little issue is really upsetting me - i want my little one to feel comfortble and contented during her sleep/wake times :hissy: xx

1st thing i can say is SMA GOLD made jacob BAD with wind and my midwife said it is a very windy milk and switched us to apitmail (SO SO MUCH BETTER) (now we've switched again due to medical reasons) But when he was on it, it was so much better than sma gold. I would try apitmail 1 or apitmail easy digest both good milks and easy on the stomach for wind.

Also what bottles you using?? I would recommend dr browns, they are expensive but after we tried 4 bottles in the space of 2 weeks and over 200 pounds later these are great with wind!!

Have you tried infacol or dentiox both can be given from birth. I prefer denitiox as it acts like gripe water which is great but cant be given until 1 month old, but dentiox acts like the same thing. you just give them it before every feed and it brings up a big burp :)

Wind and colic are similar in some ways but if your baby has colic you will know about it. Jacob screamed every evening for hours with his colic, and when he was just windy he would cry until a burp came up or a fart and then stop

As for pooing if she is constipated try a lil bit of cooled boiled water in a seperate bottle and give her a lil (my Hv recommend 10-20mls a couple of times a day between feeds at that age :)) and it just helps loosen her stools :)

XxxX

P.s It does get better she is still very young but there are a few things you can do to help her wind :)

1st when feeding her try not to ly her flat keep her almost upright this helps reduce the air intake

2nd try to keep her upright after her feed for about 30mins as if there is any trapped wind it will come up

XxxX

#9sorry baby woke from nap :)

3rd but a blanket under her moses basket matteress to keep her on a lil slope

4th wind half way through feed so air doesnt become trapped :) XX

What Ema said is all good advice.:D
We use Aptamil milk and definetly don't get any problems with constipation-if anything its the opposite :blush:
Using Infacol defintely helped with Lauryn bringing up her wind-think we started using that when she was about a week old- it can take a few days/weeks use to build up and work fully tho.

Also baby massage can really help with wind/constipation, I would recommend it-and babies love it too.

But again she is still really young and Lauryn at that age always seemed worse at night but they do settle down,

Baby massage and nice warm baths help alot... By 3 month colic and alot of things to do with wind etc seem to really get better as the baby can digest food better around this time.

Good luck!

I cant offer advice on formula because yours is different there.

Thank you all so much - really! I've been so upset - think it must be tiredness getting to me!

Ema your list of tips are so great - thankyou, thankyou - will def try swapping her milk to aptimal and see how that goes. Also, Ema, when you put little Jacob onto Aptimal, hxxow long before you noticed the change? xx

Thank you all so much - really! I've been so upset - think it must be tiredness getting to me!

Ema your list of tips are so great - thankyou, thankyou - will def try swapping her milk to aptimal and see how that goes. Also, Ema, when you put little Jacob onto Aptimal, hxxow long before you noticed the change? xx

Iput him on easy digest and within about 24-48hours i noticed a change we done this when he was 3 days old as SMA was NO GOOD!! :) hoope it works for you XxX

everything ema said! great advice! we used infacol (excellent stuff) and maddi has always had aptamil - it's excellent! also recommend MAM's bottles, though i no dr browns are excellent too!

hope your little one feels better soon :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->