Any tips for a first timer?

missjennakate

Reaction score
Hey!

I recently found out I am pregnant. Very early stages yet. Hoping he is a sticker. (Convinced he's a boy, already!) We were lucky conceiving after just a month of trying so all happened very soon!

I was wondering if you had any tips. Any tips at all.
Pregnancy scares me and excites me at the same time. Is it normal to be scared?

Very very normal to be scared, I was petrified with my first and I am again this time round :wacko:

I guess my biggest tip would be, try to enjoy the good moments. You get so weighed down with not feeling yourself and getting bigger etc that you miss the little things. When your LO starts moving, take time to sit down with your top pulled up and watch your belly move. It's amazing :cloud9:

Oh and get some sleep, lots and lots of sleep because nothing anyone tells you will prepare you for the sleep deprivation you'll get when baby is here :haha: The second you pick them up and smell their newborn scent you won't care how little sleep you had, admittedly, but no harm in stocking up now ;)

Yep, that's so, very normal. My only real tip is: RELAX! Don't let pregnancy stress you out. My "first pregnancy" is now a 14 month old toddler, so I remember it like it was yesterday. It was the scariest, most exciting experience of my life. It's uncomfortable at times. It's easy to get moody/hormonal/upset... You might gain a lot, you might gain a little. You might have a tiny bump, you might have a huge one. Regardless of what obstacles you face over the next several months, know that you're never alone - there are LOTS of people on this board who can help you get through everything and who are going through the same things. :)

Thanks guys. This made me feel so much better.

I am over the moon to be pregnant but today after taking the clear blue test and reading PREGNANT everything seemed so real. I become so nervous and anxious. Then I felt guilty for feeling that way!

I love my sleep too so don't worry I will try get as much as possible while I can! Hopefully baby will be like Mummy and Daddy and love his sleep too!

Did you guys also know what sex you were having straight off the bat? A gut feeling? Or where you wrong. Totally convinced a baby boy!

I second what the other girls have said, relax and sleep! I slept so much when I was pregnant first time, obviously I can't this time around as I have a toddler to run around after so I'm so glad I made most of the free time first time around!

I am over the moon to be pregnant but today after taking the clear blue test and reading PREGNANT everything seemed so real. I become so nervous and anxious. Then I felt guilty for feeling that way!

I love my sleep too so don't worry I will try get as much as possible while I can! Hopefully baby will be like Mummy and Daddy and love his sleep too!

Did you guys also know what sex you were having straight off the bat? A gut feeling? Or where you wrong. Totally convinced a baby boy!

I'm afraid to say that nervous/anxious feeling is around to stay :wacko: Everything will be a worry now, which is why I say to enjoy the little moments. You'll be worrying now about mc etc, then you'll worry if there's a bean in there at all, then once you've had the scan you'll be worrying about your NT results, then getting to hear the HB with a doppler, at your 20 week scan you'll be stressed about everything being right with the baby, once they start moving (and I convinced myself last time this was when i'd stop worrying) you'll worry when they don't move for more than 30 minutes :haha:, so so so so many worries heading your way!! Don't even kid yourself they'll go when baby is here (I done this :rofl:) because that just brings a whole new set of worries and stress!! There's no end to it!! My Mum still worries about me and now i'm a Mum I suddenly "get it". But you know what, they're totally worth all the worry and stress :cloud9: The first flutters, seeing your baby kicking and sucking it's thumb on an ultrasound, feeling and seeing the kicks, holding them in your arms for the first time, the first smile :cloud9: My goodness the list goes on and on and honestly it far outweighs all the stress. Totally worth it, best feeling ever being a Mummy :D So no, don't feel guilty it's normal!! Every mum is a bag of nerves - right from the :bfp:!

I was convinced with Coralie that I was carrying a boy, literally, no one would budge me on that. I was team yellow last time and didn't find out, when they held her over the screen (I had an elective c-section due to her being breech - little monkey!) to show us the business end DH and I just stared and we both thought "that looks like girl bits" :haha: We sat there quiet and then the nurse finally said "it's a girl" :rofl: I was stunned, but elated. I have always wanted a little girl.

I really hope you get a sleeper :) We didn't!! Try not to worry about that yet though, what will be will be on that one.

Oh and thank you, of course I do think my Bear is gorgeous :cloud9:

Thank you! I feel so much better now. Worry is normal. Normal!
I think because I am having to keep it quiet that is added to the worry too.

Coralie is a beautiful name. Never heard of it before!
So you are team yellow again this time around?
Congratulations btw. When are you due? Mine is Nov 15th.

Trust me nerves are totally normal I feel like a nervious wreck most of the time ATM. But it'll be worth it :). Good luck xx

Congratulations on your bfp :happydance: :happydance: great feeling isn't it?!

I have a couple of tips!

Read "what to expect when you're expecting" the actual book version, easier to navigate than the kindle download. I learned so much and it helped me whenever I was worried.

Attend an ante natal class if you can, it gave me a good few tips and understood the labour process (still painful but not scary).

Don't google symptoms or miscarriage, it'll scare you, ask your midwife or doctor if you have any worries. It's normal to worry about miscarriage in the first 12 weeks, but don't dwell on other people's experiences, every pregnancy is different.

It's normal to bleed a little! Sometimes your cervix will become irritated and you may bleed, its common after sex sometimes. If you have severe cramping or heavy bleeding then seek help.

In your final 8 weeks, drink raspberry leaf tea (there is more about it in the third tri forum) but its a natural toner for your uterus. Worked for me 5 pushes and she was out :thumbup:

Use this forum, lots of lovely ladies to help you if you have any questions.

Good luck, relax, eat well, take a pre natal vitamin supplement and yes, enjoy your sleep, you'll have somewhat less when little one arrives.

Oh and I was convinced I was having a boy, had a "feeling" and out SHE popped! My beautiful girl :baby::cloud9:

I'm due 22nd October, but I think i'll be put forward at my scan tomorrow as I have short cycles so would've ovulated earlier than the normal due date calculators allow for. A november sparker for you :cloud9: How cute!!

I think we're staying team yellow but where as we were both determined to be team yellow last time, this time we've both had a little faltering so we *may* find out. I don't know. Part of me wants to, but part of me doesn't as finding out with Coralie was something else. Amazing! Will you be finding out?

Thank you :) I found the name Coralie on a name website :haha: Nymbler.com, have a look! Great way to kill some time! She was going to be Elyse if she was a girl but that got bumped to her middle name bless her.

I think it's normal to worry, but it really doesn't go away, just the things you worry about change! It shows you care about LO already and worrying is all part of being a good mum!

I worried so much from day 1, thought it would get easier and it would all be fine once I'd had my scan and seen baby. I've had two scans now at 9 and 12 weeks and still struggle to believe there's really a baby in there! Getting past 12 weeks and having the scans hasn't stopped me worrying, but I'm slowly moving to taking things a week at a time now rather than a day at a time like I was for most of the first tri. I do try to enjoy it as much as possible though as it's such a special time, and chances are everything will be fine. We're at the stage now where we're just starting to tell family and friends our news, and it has made it seem a bit more real, but also made me nervous again, whereas DH is so excited and positive.

Just remember there's always good support on here from people who've been there before, you can come on and ask anything, no stupid questions exist on here! And remember that most pregnancies work out just fine so everything is in your favour for a healthy pregnancy so try your best to worry as little as possible and enjoy it as much as you can coz the time does start to fly by!

...oh and I've also been convinced its a boy since day 1, but secretly hoping I'm wrong! Hoping to stay team yellow as I would love to experience that surprise!

Congratulations on your bfp :happydance: :happydance: great feeling isn't it?!

I have a couple of tips!

Read "what to expect when you're expecting" the actual book version, easier to navigate than the kindle download. I learned so much and it helped me whenever I was worried.

Attend an ante natal class if you can, it gave me a good few tips and understood the labour process (still painful but not scary).

Don't google symptoms or miscarriage, it'll scare you, ask your midwife or doctor if you have any worries. It's normal to worry about miscarriage in the first 12 weeks, but don't dwell on other people's experiences, every pregnancy is different.

It's normal to bleed a little! Sometimes your cervix will become irritated and you may bleed, its common after sex sometimes. If you have severe cramping or heavy bleeding then seek help.

In your final 8 weeks, drink raspberry leaf tea (there is more about it in the third tri forum) but its a natural toner for your uterus. Worked for me 5 pushes and she was out :thumbup:

Use this forum, lots of lovely ladies to help you if you have any questions.

Good luck, relax, eat well, take a pre natal vitamin supplement and yes, enjoy your sleep, you'll have somewhat less when little one arrives.

Oh and I was convinced I was having a boy, had a "feeling" and out SHE popped! My beautiful girl :baby::cloud9:

Thank you so much dollyemi! This was a great help. I am going to buy that book! Ohhh you never know I could have a girl then!! I would be 100% happy with either! :flower:

I'm due 22nd October, but I think i'll be put forward at my scan tomorrow as I have short cycles so would've ovulated earlier than the normal due date calculators allow for. A november sparker for you :cloud9: How cute!!

I think we're staying team yellow but where as we were both determined to be team yellow last time, this time we've both had a little faltering so we *may* find out. I don't know. Part of me wants to, but part of me doesn't as finding out with Coralie was something else. Amazing! Will you be finding out?

Thank you :) I found the name Coralie on a name website :haha: Nymbler.com, have a look! Great way to kill some time! She was going to be Elyse if she was a girl but that got bumped to her middle name bless her.

Keep me undated!!

Yeah I am going to find out what sex. I am already wanting to know at just 4 weeks, ha ha! Convinced it's a boy still but you never know!

Thinking of telling my parents tonight! Nervous! :thumbup:

...oh and I've also been convinced its a boy since day 1, but secretly hoping I'm wrong! Hoping to stay team yellow as I would love to experience that surprise!

Ahh thank you.

I have already found great support on this site. It's brilliant!!
Healthy 9 months to you :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"