• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Any tips for frizzy hair?

L

Lubbird

My hair is so frizzy at the moment! I have naturally curly hair and its starts to dry nicely but by the time it's fully dry it looks so frizzy!

Does anyone have any tips or products they have used?

ETA: I have thick hair and it's reasonably long.

Hiya hun,
I have really curly hair and the only thing i find that tames my hair is leaving in an ordinary conditioner, it's a bit of trial and error as i'm looking for the perfect one since herbal essences stopped doing all their old stuff and also being pregnant has sent my hair into melt down! Lol, i'd start with a frizz taming shampoo and conditioner and leave the conditioner in and comb through then either towel dry or leave to dry naturally. If you towel dry be sure to add a little more conditioner to it when it's a bit damp.
There's a brand called pinks which is designed for afro carribian hair and they do some amazing products to keep hair tame while it's dry. Hope this helps :flower: xxx

Hi hun thanks for replying :flower:

Does your hair not look kind of crispy or greasy when you leave the conditioner in? Lol.

That's fine hun :) and nope, not had that problem xx

Ooh I'm on medication and it makes my hair quite weak, so much so that it breaks and goes really frizzy. I started to use Timotei (can't remember the exact name but I'll look it up) I used the shampoo then the conditioner. I left that in for about 5 minutes, rinsed it out and squeezed a pea sized amount into my hand then put it through my hair. As mine was only really bad at the ends I just done it here but you can put it all over if you think you need it. Then I dried it using a soft brush to brush as I was drying.

Oh its called Intense repair
https://www.auravita.com/prodimages/lefa/lefa13194.jpg

If that doesn't work try something with argan (argon?) oil in it.

Tried leaving conditioner in today but it hasn't worked for me?

I am a trainee hairdresser and whenever I hear a client telling the stylist about how frizzy their hair is the reply most of them give is to try Morrocan Oil. I have never used it personally so have no idea how well it works and it can be quite pricey too, but if your desperate enough you may be willing to give it a try. Here's a link to their website (but I would shop around on eBay etc and see if you can pick it up cheaper)

https://www.moroccanoil.com/en_US/products

Good Luck :flower:

Oh Buyapowa have that right now for cheap. Suppose it is worth a go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->