Any tricks to conceive?

emandi

Mummy to one of each :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I wonder if you know any tricks which can help to conceive.
I have a lovely nearly 3 year old daughter. I got pregnant again in may, but
had an early miscarriage in august at 13 weeks (baby stopped developing in 8.5 week :cry:). We decided to try again as soon as bleeding stopped. So far had 2 periods, my cycle is a bit irregular right now. I think my ovulation should come some time next week. Since miscarriage taking preg. vitamins, also Apimist every day, eating healthy, will use ovulation tests and when ovulating will take also cough medicine containing quaifenesin to thin mucus even more.
Don't know what else to try. Any advice? Will be very appreciated. x

Hi ya, so sorry for your loss *hug*

I added Evening Primrose Oil to increase cm as well as Agnus Castus because I had weird luteal phase issues. I have never heard of Apimist, looked it up and it seems very intriguing. I might actually add it to my cycle regime if nothing happens this cycle.

Thanks Starstryder, I might try evening primrose.
Good luck, hope it will work out for you this months.:hugs:

thank you, fingers crossed x

hi hun, you could try concieve+ lubricant, its supposed to create a friendly atmosphere for the swimmers

also epo, you only take it up to ovulation, not after (not sure why!)

I'm trying Black Cohosh this time round! My sis n law just got pregnant and swears by the stuff as she had been trying for "apparently" 2 years so she says and first month she used it, well shes 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow ;)

https://www.babycenter.ca/preconception/suspectingaproblem/canherbsboostfertilityexpert/

That may help you decide which is best in your particular case!

doh! I totally forgot to add that about the epo...yikes, so sorry.

I find that EPO gives me cramps and apparently it's other use is at the end of pregnancy to try and kick start contractions so I think it causes difficulty for implanting. I am so horrified that I forgot about that, so sorry once again!

Hi Kanga, thanks for your advice. Is it call preseed? Have heard about it. My "season" is starting any day now I don't think I can get it on time. But if I am not lucky this time I will give it a try next month. Thanks again. x

Hi Andrea Florida, thanks for your post. Might try that next month if no luck this time. I haven't checked the link you sent me yet (just realised). Going to do it now. Thank you. x

Hi Starstryder, no worries, hope it didn't cause you trouble. I forgot to mention detail about Apimist - one I am taking is Apimist plus Pollen (good for fertility, improves egg quality). Got pregnant last time straight away, but it might have been just coincidence.
I will be taking also some chinese herbs (2 week tea cure) from chinese doctor to strenthen uterus after miscarriage, but I don't know what the herbs are. Hope it will not affect my TTC.
Thanks a lot.

HOPE WE ALL WILL SOON MEET IN PREGNANCY FORUM
GOOD LUCK x

hi hun, yes pre-seed is a different brand. gl with your bfp x

Hi everyone

Interesting tips on this thread! I'm going to have to do some more research! A good friend of mine also recommended this site although apparently it can be quite costly once they tell you all the vitamins you supposedly need. She got pregnant about 6 months later but had been trying for about 2.5 years and had 3 m/cs before she went on this site

https://www.foresight-preconception.org.uk/Default.aspx

I'm going to give them a try if I haven't conceived by the New Year.

There's also lots of tips about diet on here that I'm going to try to put in place!

Fingers crossed for us all x

I have read through some articles that says using lubricants is a no when trying to conceive.. instead of the notion that it helps the swimmers to move, I have read otherwise. It says, it will hinder the swimming of the :spermy:

Hi girls,

thank you sooo much for your tips xxx. I am really grateful!
I just remembered some other bits I have read (but never tried).

About lubricant - I have read egg white is good and safe to use.
Also read the best after baby making is to roll on your tummy.
And saliva kills sperm (different pH environment)

Good luck to you all

Regular lubricants are not good, but any like pre-seed are designed specifically for this, so they're OK to use

To all of you who are ttc DONT EAT/DRINK SOYA PRODUCTS. It affect sperm.
How sad I was having soya milk with my cereals every morning thinking it's good for me ...

11 days left until testing ...

Hi ladies :wave:

My tips that did trick for me:
Pre-seed
Organic Maca Root Capsules 900mg twice a day
EPO 1000mg-2000mg from AF upto 'O' Day
Pre Natal (Pregnacare)
Less Caffeine

Good luck and hope you get your bfp's soon!

Hi ladies :wave:

My tips that did trick for me:
Pre-seed
Organic Maca Root Capsules 900mg twice a day
EPO 1000mg-2000mg from AF upto 'O' Day
Pre Natal (Pregnacare)
Less Caffeine

Good luck and hope you get your bfp's soon!

Thank you foxforce.
And CONGRATULATIONS fo your:bfp:. Well done.
Hope everything goes well for you :hugs:

Just read about maca root-interesting, might give it a go.
Now I have to play waiting game ...:coffee:
Thanks again and enjoy your pregnancy :thumbup: x

Hi , Think these have already been said - but I used conceive plus every time we dtd, evening primrose(the max dose) till day before ov, and hubby was taking maca from the natural health practice - he had low motility, took maca and the doc was stunned by the improvement, they'd turned into super swimmers. Took us a while to get first bfp but first month combo of those things and bfp!!!

You get conceive plus in Boots - its about 15 pounds but worth it!!!

Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->