Any ultrasound tech around?

kimberley3

1 angel bean <3
Reaction score
Just curious of these dark patches are normal or something to worry about anyone had them in there placenta?

Phoros

Attachments

• 20170129_234548.jpg
    20170129_234548.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 20170129_234630.jpg
    20170129_234630.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 27
I'm not an ultrasound tech, just someone who has a lot of experience with pregnancy. Placental lakes in a ~20 week ultrasound usually aren't a problem. Was it measured? Do you have a follow up ultrasound to assess? Have you talked to your dr about it yet?

I'm not an ultrasound tech, just someone who has a lot of experience with pregnancy. Placental lakes in a ~20 week ultrasound usually aren't a problem. Was it measured? Do you have a follow up ultrasound to assess? Have you talked to your dr about it yet?

It wasn't measured, it was noted that it was previa (second photo is of the 20week scan) but the first photo was at 26weeks but a private 4d scan they said it seem to of moved up about 3cm I have another ultrasound at 32 weeks to check it's position and to check if I have accreta as I've had two emergency sections I see my mw Tuesday which I'm going to show her the photos and ask her about it x

It's scary, but when my Cousin was diagnosed with placenta lakes (after a few csections also), accreta was ruled out at that same scan. Previa was also diagnosed. Her pregnancy went perfectly, and she had an ultrasound every few weeks to check the placenta and baby's growth. Her baby is now in grade school. I called my cousin for a recap on how it went, so this is from her memory, not mine! Hopefully the practitioners' knowledge on the subject has increased a lot in that time. There is a special board here dedicated to gestational complications. Between that and searching the forums, I think you should be able to find more info on the subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->