Any Vegetarians Out There??

MetalMaiden

three it be
Reaction score
I have a couple questions for you. Growing up I have dabbled with Vegetarian-ism but due to no one else being so in my family (and if I wanted to eat!) i'd eat what was made. I have continued eating meat since leaving home like 6 years ago but I am pretty sure that I am done. It repulses me, i gag when I smell it either raw or cooking and up until this point if we do eat it, I have to butcher it to get out things I don't like seeing in it :wacko:

Thing is.. I am not ready for tofu. I don't know why, because I actually love vegetables so the ingredient being bean (i thought it was anyway) doesn't scare me that much... except for the taste a bit (I have never tried it) but I guess the action of prepping it the same but as a replacement to meat does scare me :shrug: i dont know what to do? I am "so" over meat but I don't know really how long I can find decent stuff without meat to make and i think it might be hard. I am madly scouring pinterest as I wait and hope for replies :wacko::sick:

indian food has a wealth of veggie dishes, and pretty tasty too!

I am 99% veggie, and I think tofu is a LUXURY! I have it maybe every few months.
It doesn't really taste like anything. It taste like whatever it's cooked in!
I just eat a TON of regular veggies, peanut butter, and Greek yogurt. I love frozen veggies. One frozen package is $1-$1.50, takes 10 minutes or less to cook, and can feed a family!

I'm vegan, and I certainly don't use tofu every day either. It's actually best to use meat replacers in moderation, as they're so highly processed. Good alternatives to tofu include lentils, chickpeas, beans, nuts, seitan, etc. And one more thing is that a lot of the taste of meat comes from the seasoning you cook it in, so I tend to use some of the same seasonings for my vegan dishes that I used when I was eating meat.

I've always been vegetarian, and never use tofu.
There's so much out there to eat veggie.
Miss curly ahhh love Indian food so much. Definitely lots of recipes for veggies there
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"