Any working moms travel for long periods of time?

PumpkinBump

Reaction score
My ds is almost 4 months and I came back to work. Found out in one month I will be taking a week long business trip (to a beach resort!) so ill have to leave him 4 days with my husband and 3 days with my MIL.

Because its by the beach I think it will be a nice kid free break but I don't know how I'm going to cope without seeing my little one for that long. Right now I freak out when he goes to day care and stop by randomly at least twice a day cause I miss him so much and it's only been a few hours since I've seen him.

How do you other working moms deal with traveling and being away from your young babies? Taking him with me is not an option because my mother works, my husband works, so nobody would be able to come with me to take care of him. I need to figure this out soon cause this will happen 2 or 3 times a year :(

Ive had to do it. I did it when my boy (now 13) was little and again since my little girl (2) has been born.

Honestly? It sucks. I hate it. BUT I have to work and this is a great job so I tell myself there is no real option (Leaving my job means a massive loss in money and i cant match the terms elsewhere too easily)

Your little one is small so i will be easier for them. For you I suggest a Iphone or something to facetime them. Last time I went away my little girl really didnt cope too well so Im dreading the next time but what can we do?

Yeah I was thinking about leaving him my iPad so we can FaceTime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->