Anybody changed their dress neckline with beading?

GypsyDancer

Mummy to Zach <3
Reaction score
Is it doable?
I liked my dress at the time, but in all honesty i rushed into buying it as i was worried i wouldnt have time to get another as we were originally getting married within a few months..
It has a straight neckline, which i hate!
Id really like to change it to a sweetheart neckline instead, but it has a little beading along the top, im happy to lose the top beading to change the neckline..
So has anybody had it done?
I spoke to another girl i know who was going to order the same dress as me, but they told her she couldnt alter the neckline because of beading..:shrug:

Have you got any pics? I'm sure an experienced dressmaker may be able to help but it is difficult if there is a lot of detail.

It sounds like it could be a big ask, but until you ask some seamstresses then you won't know. Email a few local people and explain what you want doing and what you're prepared to sacrifice (ie, the beading) and see what they're responses are. Fingers crossed you can have it changed. If not, is selling this one a possibility or would that be too much expense?

Getting a new dress isnt really an option as my mum bought it for me and id feel terrible telling her i dont like it anymore..
I dont have any images of it myself as the shop wouldnt let me take pictures but this is one i found online showing the top the best i can
Also im having it strapless
Everytime I look at it now I keep thinking its hideous, what on earth made me go for that in the 1st place :(

Attachments

• thumb_512a764347299.jpg
    thumb_512a764347299.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 13
When did you last try it on? Maybe you'd feel differently if you were wearing it. You know how most people end up going for a dress they would never normally go for.
Looking at the beading though I'm sure something can be done by an experienced dressmaker. You most probably would have to lose the detail across the top though.

It's so difficult to say whether they could do anything with it but I have to reassure you that it looks lovely! Try it on again and see how it makes you feel to wear it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->