anybody considered high risk because of heart condition?

LondonBean

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I was told that I would be considered high risk when I do get pregnant because of pulmonary stenosis. I was just wondering what your experiences have been like so I know what to possibly expect.

Thank you for sharing in advance!

Hi

I'am partly considered high risk due to pulmonary stenosis (I also have a benign brain tumour and suffered a brain hemorrhage last year which they seem more worried about)
I had my first consultant appointment on Tuesday at 15 weeks. My pulmonary stenosis is very mild but they will write to my cardiologist for a report and continue to monitor me under joint consultant/midwife care throughout my pregnancy and I may also have to see a cardiologist later on but she didn't seem overly worried about me regards my heart but i will know more at my next appointment in 6 weeks regards delivery options.
our baby will also have a detailed heart scan as a precaution because my problem is congenital and runs in my family.

Hi I still dont have a proper diognosis for my heart problem. It only became a problem after pregnancy. I had my first appointment with my consultant at 16 weeks and she is going to come to my cardiology appointment with me on the 30th so we can discuss a plan of action together. She plans to do extra scans anyway and has asked my GP to see me every 2 weeks to keep an eye on me.
She wants extra monitoring but feels I will have a normal birth but she will be there. Thats all I know at the moment, hope it helps.

I developed Postpartum Cardiomyopathy after the birth of my 1 y/o DD. I was taken off my heart meds over the past year and had a stress echo before I got pg this time. I'll have an echo each trimester and be monitored closely by my cardiologist and OBGYN. So far I've not had any issues, but I'm still early.

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences with me, it is really helpful! I just had an echo stress test and I go to the congenital heart doctor in January. My pulmonary artery has never been much of a problem in the past except for a few heart palpitations here and there and it is thicker and larger than normal. I wish you all the best of luck with your pregnancies and I would love to know how everything goes in regards to your labor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->