anybody else having trouble buying baby stuff??

Tink1o5

Mom of 3
Reaction score
I dont know whats wrong with me..

Im about to be in 3rd trimester, and i have nothing!! I have picked out the travel system i want and the bassinet and breastpump, but i refuse to buy it. I dont know why. Its like i feel like this is all fake or something.. like theres no way im really going to have a baby.......................and im due in march an keep telling myself that march is so far away so it doesnt matter anyways. :(

Anybody else like this? Someone help me :cry:

Its like you read my mind I have loads of bits picked out but like you I think I am not every going to actually have this baby. I dont know where it is going to go but I cannot get it into my head that in a few months there is going to be a baby in this house I am just waiting for it to go horribly wrong.

Hun I am due in March and will be 30 weeks tomorrow. I know I am 2 March but maybe that puts things into perspective a bit. march is only 10 weeks away. Better get a move on!:flower:

Same way here...I already received a few baby things for Christmas and I almost felt horrid inside because I kept thinking..."what if something happens".

I've got some clothes and I've been buying things here and there but we don't have any big stuff yet like the crib and travel system! We're planning on buying the crib next month but you're not alone! Although you're further along than I am. :)

I felt the exact same way until a few weeks ago, then my grandad gave me a gift of £1000 to buy all the baby stuff! me and my mum went and did a massive shop and got nearly everything we needed in one go! I felt so happy afterwards, and now i love buying things for our LO. im also due in march and its really not that far away now! but no need to feel pressured, buy stuff when you feel ready, im sure you will want to buy things soon :)

Same way here...I already received a few baby things for Christmas and I almost felt horrid inside because I kept thinking..."what if something happens".

yes, exactly. i just got some baby pjs as a gift the other day. it still all seems really surreal (i'm 14 weeks + 1 day).

i'm still excitedly cautious. i'm wondering when it will really sink in and i can fully get into it.

love to you all ladies! :hug:

keep telling myself that march is so far away so it doesnt matter anyways. :(

You'll be fine - but remember that you're technically fully cooked at 37 weeks..... which is only 10 weeks away!

I know exactly what you mean! I was that way with my son, i literally had nothing until one week before i gave birth :blush:(which was 2 weeks early) and because he was early my OH had to buy his car seat on the way to the hospital the day we took him home! I think I was a little worried as i had previously had a miscarriage and just didn't want to commit to the pregnancy completely to protect myself:wacko:

This time though i am the opposite i can't stop buying things. Mostly i think because i was told at the scan we're expecting a girl, but now i'm thinking maybe it will be a boy and i have lots of pink and frilly things!!

xxx

I can so see where your coming from..Ive bought nearly everything and Im not due until April, but i keep thinking "what if"....it still all seems surreal..i think its really natural and until they are in our arms we wont quite believe it!! xx

I found buying the bigger stuff quite scary....i have a ton of baby clothes but when it came to buying the pram i was like "wow this is alot of money im really having a baby i NEED to buy this" i still dont have alot really my pram is at my sisters. Iv just ordered her cotbed out of babies r us half price. Iv yet to get my sterliser etc and im 30 weeks now!! I need to get my Ass in gear! i dont know why i find it so scary

xxx

i know what u mean. Maybe it will hit in a couple weeks when it's jan 2010. Coz being Dec 09 , March 2010 seems so far away. i mean its like- next year!!!

I know exactly what you mean! I was that way with my son, i literally had nothing until one week before i gave birth :blush:(which was 2 weeks early) and because he was early my OH had to buy his car seat on the way to the hospital the day we took him home! I think I was a little worried as i had previously had a miscarriage and just didn't want to commit to the pregnancy completely to protect myself:wacko:

That'll be me too then. Since mmc have not been able to bring myself to believe there's a happily ever after in this pregnancy. Even when we bought travel system thingy on Friday we put down minimum deposit and only bought it because we know they'll keep it for us until we're ready to bring it home.

However....I did have a manic Ebay moment and bought a load of designer baby clothes off ebay - looked at them once and then hid them away at OH's house so I can't see them - in total denial!:dohh:

looked at them once and then hid them away at OH's house so I can't see them - in total denial!:dohh:

:hugs: Totally understandable, Just think of all the things you will have forgotten you bought. It will be like Christmas for you and your little one!

I know what you mean... I'm due in April and haven't even started looking at stuff yet... we're waiting til January... mind you, now baby is kicking me more and more it starts to feel a bit more real... maybe I'll be all up for it after Xmas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->