Anybody else less than 4 weeks?

I am 4 weeks today! DD is Sept. 3rd. I am very excited, but also nervous and anxious. I really did not think it would happen this quickly. This is my first month off of BCPs after 12 years!!!

I thought it would take at least a couple months, but I guess not!

I really haven't felt much different over the last couple of weeks. I spotted a little brownish red on Saturday the 22nd - thought it was AF but it must have been implantation! My boobs started feeling sore on Monday. Other than that, I have felt slight cramping / twinges over the last couple of weeks, but that is not really out of the ordinary!

GL to all of you...H&H 9 months!!!
I look forward to hearing about all of your stories!!

It seems that everyone has an EDD. I went in for my PG test and they said I have to come back on the 27th for another one to make sure it's increasing. I haven't officially been given a EDD. When do you have a doctor confirm your EDD? Anyone know when the first ultrasound is? I am really wondering how many are in there.
I used an online calculator. The OB didn't tell me. I have my first US at just over 6 weeks so we'll be able to see baby(s) and heartbeat(s).

Sooooo I feel really dumb, but I am not sure which doctor I need to call :wacko:

Should I set up an appointment with my current doctor (Family Medicine) to get a confirmatory blood test, or do I find an OB/GYN and set up an appt with them first? Will they do a blood test first before they set up a prenatal appoitnemtn with an OB GYN? Also, is OB GYN the correct doctor that I should be looking for?

TIA -- This is more confusing than I thought it would be :dohh:

Just call the OB. They'll usually just do a urine test in office to confirm.

It seems that everyone has an EDD. I went in for my PG test and they said I have to come back on the 27th for another one to make sure it's increasing. I haven't officially been given a EDD. When do you have a doctor confirm your EDD? Anyone know when the first ultrasound is? I am really wondering how many are in there.

Most Dr's calculate according to your LMP or better said "a 28 day cycle" of course we know not everyone is on a 28 day schedule. So you EDD is 40 wks from cycle day 1 of you lmp. The is only a small chance that your edd could change. And usually they do that change according to ultrasound results if your aren't sure when your lmp started. For the most part us ladies know when we last got AF and we are in tune with our bodies. I used a calculator online to get mine, I haven't been to my first appt yet. I would go with whatever date they gave and don't expect a change at all or ifit does its usually by a couple days only. If they didn't tell you your edd you could try. An online calculator.

I am 4 weeks today! DD is Sept. 3rd. I am very excited, but also nervous and anxious. I really did not think it would happen this quickly. This is my first month off of BCPs after 12 years!!!

I really haven't felt much different over the last couple of weeks. I spotted a little brownish red on Saturday the 22nd - thought it was AF but it must have been implantation! My boobs started feeling sore on Monday. Other than that, I have felt slight cramping / twinges over the last couple of weeks, but that is not really out of the ordinary!

Congrats! How awesome that it didn't take that long for you to get preggers!? And what a wonderful Christmas present right!? I'm due Sept 4th! I am also nervous and anxious...lol I think it may get better once you get to see the baby on screen. The sore boobs were the first indicator for me that something was up. They weren't just sore they felt like they'd been used as a punching bag. Anything toching them hurt....bra, shirt, pillow...at one point I thought "if OH touches my boobs, I am going to kill him dead" :haha:

Let me ask you this; are you having any morning sickness at all? Because I am...my first words in the morning are "oh my god, ewww." Lol

Congrats! How awesome that it didn't take that long for you to get preggers!? And what a wonderful Christmas present right!? I'm due Sept 4th! I am also nervous and anxious...lol I think it may get better once you get to see the baby on screen. The sore boobs were the first indicator for me that something was up. They weren't just sore they felt like they'd been used as a punching bag. Anything toching them hurt....bra, shirt, pillow...at one point I thought "if OH touches my boobs, I am going to kill him dead" :haha:

Let me ask you this; are you having any morning sickness at all? Because I am...my first words in the morning are "oh my god, ewww." Lol

Fortunately, I haven't had any morning sickness yet! This morning I woke up starving and ate a few almonds. That is pretty unusual for since I don't typically eat breakfast. I have had headaches the last few days, but I think that might be from lack of caffeine :wacko: I cut back to only 8 ounces so I am probably going through withdrawals!!

Thanks! I will call tomorrow morning. My husband thinks that they will do a blood test to confirm and he is kind of waiting on that for final confirmation... I don't think all of them do that!? But I think they do check levels??

Thanks! I will call tomorrow morning. My husband thinks that they will do a blood test to confirm and he is kind of waiting on that for final confirmation... I don't think all of them do that!? But I think they do check levels??

Not usually unless you have a history of MC. Mine ordered it for me but we lost 3 before the twins.

Most Dr's calculate according to your LMP or better said "a 28 day cycle" of course we know not everyone is on a 28 day schedule. So you EDD is 40 wks from cycle day 1 of you lmp. The is only a small chance that your edd could change. And usually they do that change according to ultrasound results if your aren't sure when your lmp started. For the most part us ladies know when we last got AF and we are in tune with our bodies. I used a calculator online to get mine, I haven't been to my first appt yet. I would go with whatever date they gave and don't expect a change at all or ifit does its usually by a couple days only. If they didn't tell you your edd you could try. An online calculator.

Thanks for the info. I have to go in tomorrow for my second blood test so I will ask them when my ultrasound is. I am really excited for the ultrasound because I am at an extremely high risk of multiples so I want to know how many are in there.

I have been finding myself feeling hungry, full, and bloated all at the same time. Quite the odd feeling. lol

I'm 4 weeks 4 days today and got my 3+ on a Clearblue digi. I was told that my Dr's office won't schedule a scan until my levels are above 2000, so since I got the 3+ this morning, I went on in and had my blood drawn at the lab. I'll get the results back on Monday (Dr's office is closed for the holiday).

I've been feeling OK, but lots of bad cramping that feel like period cramps for the past 4 days or so. Bad enough that I had to leave the room last night while watching a movie with my husband and parents. No real nausea or anything...and boobs just a little bit sore on the sides. Gassy and bloated sometimes. Pretty much feels like I'm always on the cusp of explosive diarrhea...I don't mind at all, I just hope that everything is OK in there.

Hi
Im 4 weeks and my EDD is 27th August :). I found out yesterday.
I have a soon-to-be 2 year old (xmas day) but before my son I had 3 pg losses. I am excited but bloody scared x

We're due on the same day :wohoo:

yay! :)
how are you all feeling? im feeling so sicky and rough. i did a clear blue digi test on the 23rd and it came up with 2-3 weeks. so i am going to do another in a couple of days and just hold on until the 2nd when i see my GP. midwife is booked for the 14th so I will be nearly 8 weeks :)
wish i could have blood tests to look at my levels tho. they wouldnt do it last time even tho i have had 3 losses :(

Hi
Im 4 weeks and my EDD is 27th August :). I found out yesterday.
I have a soon-to-be 2 year old (xmas day) but before my son I had 3 pg losses. I am excited but bloody scared x

We're due on the same day :wohoo:

yay! :)
how are you all feeling? im feeling so sicky and rough. i did a clear blue digi test on the 23rd and it came up with 2-3 weeks. so i am going to do another in a couple of days and just hold on until the 2nd when i see my GP. midwife is booked for the 14th so I will be nearly 8 weeks :)
wish i could have blood tests to look at my levels tho. they wouldnt do it last time even tho i have had 3 losses :(

I am just feeling very tired and occasionally out of breath or chest pain. I am peeing a lot and hungry often. I have a little but if stomach upset or twitching. I am 4 weeks now.

I called for a midwife (I'm in Canada) and they said that they have to review my file and dee if there is one available. They are working off a waiting list.

I'm wondering if there is a typical process for what happens after you get a BFP.

I went for the blood test to confirm I was PG then I have to go back tomorrow for a blood test to ensure that the numbers are doubling. I believe the midwives here seem people after 11 weeks so I am happens next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->