Anybody else mabe feel the same?

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi everybody! Congratulations on your pregnancies and I wish you all healthy pregnancies and babies:flower:

Does anybody else feel like not really sharing their pregnancy experience with others? I am basically six weeks pregnant (only) and have such a hunger you can really hear my tummy rumbling. I am not eating just for the sake of being pregnant.

Shared this with someone close, and then the first thing they say is for me to make sure not to get fat and eat too much. This from someone whose had 3 kids. This makes me just not want to share my pregnancy experience with others apart from my sister, hubby and two best friends.

Anyone else experience something similar? I just explained baby is having intense growth and it is my body demanding it, and if I were to ignore the hunger it will only make me sick. But uchhh:dohh: and this person knows I had hyperemesis with my son, which might still shows its face so I am over the moon that I can still eat and have no signs of nausea.

I understand it is frustrating when people make comments on your pregnancy, however, maybe your friend was speaking from her own personal experience and, on her own way, trying to help. I don't think she was criticizing you. I wouldn't worry about what she said, you eat if you feel the need, as you said you had hg before, we should always listen to our bodies when pregnant!

I understand it is frustrating when people make comments on your pregnancy, however, maybe your friend was speaking from her own personal experience and, on her own way, trying to help. I don't think she was criticizing you. I wouldn't worry about what she said, you eat if you feel the need, as you said you had hg before, we should always listen to our bodies when pregnant!

Maybe. But I guess I meant the post more in general, like lets say you tell someone that you are finding out the sex of the baby and they become all judgy about how stupid it is, and you should have it be a surprise, and that finding out the sex ruins the experience etc. So people reacting negative to things regarding your pregnancy.

Sorry if I had not made it clear:flower: of course I did use my experience with my friend as an example.:blush:

I do not think she meant it in a good way tbh, it didnt make me sad, but I did feel disappointed in her comment. Somehow when you become pregnant, you become like public property, or a public figure really lol, whom people think they can touch and say anything to/about. :dohh:

Yes, I understand what you mean, it does seem sometimes that everybody is an expert!

Listen to your body. If its hungry, it's hungry. Also, you could be thirsty. So try drinking some water and if that doesnt help then snack away. It's good to eat smaller meals and to snack throughout the day instead of binging on food.. Helps boost your metabolism. :thumbup:

You know your body better than anyone else. So dont feel embarrassed to eat when your body needs it.

Yes. People suddenly become very opinionated on your body and choices during pregnancy!
I've had some pretty rude and insensitive things said to me in the past. In pretty thick skinned, but I wonder how they would feel if the tables are turned?
I'm not wanting to announce this pregnancy as it is our 8th baby and I'm expecting a few judgemental comments- probably from my mother first and foremost!

I try not to talk to much about my pregnancy to people because of these reasons, i get sick of everyone trying to tell you what you should and shouldn't do when it is not their business, the final straw for me was when i told my mum a name choice and she ridiculed it for 15 minutes straight, laughing and taking the mick and then telling others 'here listen to the ridiculous name charlottes going to name her baby if its a boy' i never said i WAS going to, so now i try not to say anything, just keep it vague, and just talk about things on here instead :) so i understand completely where u are coming from hun

Babies are something that everyone has an opinion on, and nobody is afraid to share their opinion. I'm sorry this happened to you. When I first started telling people, the number one reaction I got was "Oh, were you TRYING for a baby, or...?" I stopped telling people for a while because it got so discouraging to hear friends and family assume that I was just being irresponsible, rather than actually trying for a baby.

Try to keep a good sense of humor about it and just shrug off those negative comments. Or else come up with a really good line of comebacks.

Everybody is going to tell you there is only ONE WAY to have a baby and raise a child. I'm still getting well-meaning "this is how I did it" from people to this day with my toddlers. The same with pregnancy. Not everybody gets morning sickness and not every pregnancy results in morning sickness, and despite what people say, not everyone has to have morning sickness to have a healthy baby.

I personally have not had morning sickness yet this time around. I've been eating like crazy, just as I did in my first pregnancy with my DD. I was 20 years old and 110 lbs. when I became pregnant with her so I was slightly underweight. People were telling me I could never do it because I was so small framed, that I would starve the baby. My body was telling me to eat, so I listened and eat I did. In the end I gained a total of 57 lbs. with her and she came out weighing nearly 9 lbs.! It truly put the negative comments to rest when I proved them wrong.

Listen to your body. It knows what it needs. If it is telling you to eat, then eat, and don't feel bad about it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->