Anybody else struggling to sleep??

third time

Reaction score
Hi guys, not posted on this part before, to be honest I've been so unwell since the birth that I've hardly been on here at all!!!!

But since Monday I've started to feel much better, unfortunately though, on tuesday night and last night I didn't sleep a wink and when I go for a lie down in the afternoon when LO sleeps I can't switch off and end up lying there!!!

LO is 3 weeks old today - anybody else having this problem, or had it and conquered it. I bought some sleeping tablets today which I'm going to take a quarter dose of, just so I can get to sleep initially - bit worried though in case I sleep through her cries!!!

Hey...don't remember if I had it after LO was born...although think I was so ill I couldn't stay awake at first!!

But going through it now...it's horrible..so tired yet can't seem to get to sleep, and just as I do he wakes.

Have you seen the doc about it? Try the sleeping tablets...but has you said you will just take a small dose and don't think it would be such a problem to wake up!

Tbh...i've had sleeping probs on and off for a long time..and find sometimes lighting a lavendar candle in the room before I go to bed helps a little...or doing something to wind down..maybe read in bed for a bit? x

Hon, I'd see the doc before taking anything :hugs:

Hi,

Glad you are feeling better, the lack of sleep sucks eh!! I too have trouble switching off in the day, Im sick of people saying "sleep when she does" If I could I bloody would :(

It does get better though, I now sleep more at night so hopefully you will too soon. Try and relax hun and I hope you get the kip you well need!! xx

i have trouble sleeping too hun, takes me up to an hour to fall asleep sometimes even though im so sleep deprived. i asked the doc why and he said its because the brain is so over tired and over stimulated and can not switch off xxx

I find it incredibly hard to sleep, and find myself getting only 4hrs a day, and that's usually when my mum comes round in the morning and watches him for a few hours. I'm such a light sleeper, and even though he sleeps for a good 9+hrs a night, he's constantly wriggling, crying and coughing in his sleep, not to mention his man sized farts all night. I rarely sleep at all at night, and most times give up trying, I usually get all my main cleaning done because he's asleep and not disturbing me.

I hope it gets easier but I doubt it'll be soon! On the plus side, I am getting used to it and can function quite adequately on the 4 hours. Sorry, I know that doesn't really help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"