Anybody ever had periods while pregnant?

laurenbenee

Reaction score
My ex boyfriend and i had sex in late July but he pulled out.We had sex again a couple times on August 2 and he didnt pull out any. i got my period august 4 and it was very light and one day shorter than usual. I have been having heartburn, gas, night sweats, hot flashes in AC, hungry( usual on and a few days after my period i have no appetite but im eating everything!), have gained three pounds( im skinny and have been trying to gain wait my whole life so its very strange for me ive never been past 110 and now im 113), extremely fatigued(im in bed by like 9:30 while all my college friends are out partying, i also take multiple naps throughout the day), I've taken tests and they have come back negative so maybe im thinking all these things in my head. I got my next period Aug 30 but it was a bit more heavy and more cramps but now its like tapering off and is tuning brownish red. Im not even filling a whole tampon.But i cant help but shake the feeling that im pregnant. I've even prayed to be pregnant. I've read stories about women who have had periods or light periods while they are pregnant and it gives me hope. Havent seen or talked to my ex since August 15 he was just using me anyways, he never wanted to take me out or talk on the phone only sex, plus hes in college in a diff state and im in college myself. If i really am not pregnant i will have to find a new person to try with which i really dont want to please pray for me guys...
So has anyone ever had a period or bleeding during pregnancy??

Hi hun. I've never had periods while pregnant but did have bleeding episodes early on. I know you really want to be pregnant but I don't think you are. Although our bodies can be strange so if in doubt call your dr. And get a blood test to be sure. Were you expecting your period on or close to the 4th? If so you likely ovulated earlier then the 2nd and missed your fertile window. Did you do a home test? Like I said, get a blood draw so you know for sure and if it's negative and hope to try again, you can try charting your cycles. Hanging out on this forum provides a wealth of knowledge for trying too.
*edit to say I just read your other post and I'm very sorry for what you have been through. I think you should focus on school and spending time with your friends. When you find the right person they will be by your side through the ups and downs of ttc.

I have to be honest here as I don't feel filling you with false hope is the right thing to do, I really don't think you are pregnant. You don't have periods when your pregnant, it's called breakthrough bleeding. I've had it every pregnancy, and it's very different to normal periods.

By reading your other post it's clear you have been through a lot. Your clearly a strong woman but everyone has a point where they could do with talking things through with a professional. A baby may seem the answer to the pain your feeling at the moment but the reality will be very different. I also have to be honest that sleeping with someone who is not aware your ttc is not fair on the man or child that could be born. No one should be forced into parent hood. Focus on getting yourself back on track, feeling happy again in yourself and finding someone to love you. You deserve so much more than cheap meaningless sex and becoming a single mummy. Even if your intent on doing it alone work on getting your life sorted so your secure and then take the donor route. I know something to love may seem like an amazing thing but babies are hard work and you need to work through everything you have been through so in the future you can be the best mum possible. Good luck Hun. I really hope you manage to find some peace soon.

I had to read this post several times because it threw me for a loop. It sounds like you are not pregnant at this time. It is impossible to have your period while pregnant, that is either breakthrough bleeding or spotting. Maryanne really said things beautifully and gave you some great advice, I will expand on her post with my thoughts. If you are seeking to find a one night stand to impregnate you this is not a healthy choice and truly is unfair for all parties, especially a little baby who may never know his/her father. Providing support to someone isn't just agreeing with them blindly, I believe the best way to support you right now is to encourage you to not follow through with a one night stand pregnancy. It is clear you are feeling that something is missing in your life, but I promise you a baby is not going to fill any void. Finish college, get a good job, work on yourself, and find a healthy relationship. When you bring a child into this world you want to be a healthy person. I wish you peace and comfort, xoxo.

Thank you so much. I will atleast try to get a blood test. I am also going to try to keep myself busy that way i wont be tempted to have a one night stand
Thanks!

I have to be honest here as I don't feel filling you with false hope is the right thing to do, I really don't think you are pregnant. You don't have periods when your pregnant, it's called breakthrough bleeding. I've had it every pregnancy, and it's very different to normal periods.

By reading your other post it's clear you have been through a lot. Your clearly a strong woman but everyone has a point where they could do with talking things through with a professional. A baby may seem the answer to the pain your feeling at the moment but the reality will be very different. I also have to be honest that sleeping with someone who is not aware your ttc is not fair on the man or child that could be born. No one should be forced into parent hood. Focus on getting yourself back on track, feeling happy again in yourself and finding someone to love you. You deserve so much more than cheap meaningless sex and becoming a single mummy. Even if your intent on doing it alone work on getting your life sorted so your secure and then take the donor route. I know something to love may seem like an amazing thing but babies are hard work and you need to work through everything you have been through so in the future you can be the best mum possible. Good luck Hun. I really hope you manage to find some peace soon.

thank you so much. I am definitely going to take your advice and try to get my life together before i think about having a baby
Thanks!

Hi hun. I've never had periods while pregnant but did have bleeding episodes early on. I know you really want to be pregnant but I don't think you are. Although our bodies can be strange so if in doubt call your dr. And get a blood test to be sure. Were you expecting your period on or close to the 4th? If so you likely ovulated earlier then the 2nd and missed your fertile window. Did you do a home test? Like I said, get a blood draw so you know for sure and if it's negative and hope to try again, you can try charting your cycles. Hanging out on this forum provides a wealth of knowledge for trying too.
*edit to say I just read your other post and I'm very sorry for what you have been through. I think you should focus on school and spending time with your friends. When you find the right person they will be by your side through the ups and downs of ttc.
Thank you so much. I will atleast try to get a blood test. I am also going to try to keep myself busy that way i wont be tempted to have a one night stand
Thanks!

I had to read this post several times because it threw me for a loop. It sounds like you are not pregnant at this time. It is impossible to have your period while pregnant, that is either breakthrough bleeding or spotting. Maryanne really said things beautifully and gave you some great advice, I will expand on her post with my thoughts. If you are seeking to find a one night stand to impregnate you this is not a healthy choice and truly is unfair for all parties, especially a little baby who may never know his/her father. Providing support to someone isn't just agreeing with them blindly, I believe the best way to support you right now is to encourage you to not follow through with a one night stand pregnancy. It is clear you are feeling that something is missing in your life, but I promise you a baby is not going to fill any void. Finish college, get a good job, work on yourself, and find a healthy relationship. When you bring a child into this world you want to be a healthy person. I wish you peace and comfort, xoxo.
Thank you so much! I am going to try to slow down for a while and find a real relationship and finish college
Thanks!

Well guys I actually got a positive test I would post it but I dont know how

Where you type you type you reply click on go advanced. At the top there is a little paper clip, click on it and it will open up a new window. Download your photo and attach it. Close the window and then posts our reply. Well that's how you do it on my phone/computer.

I had what I thought was a period in my fourth pregnancy. I ended up miscarrying though. But it is possible. I'd go see a doctor asap ❤️❤️❤️

Edited to say it's possible to have period-like bleeding...not an actual period.

You say you got a positive test? Get yourself to a doctor ASAP. You'll need to see one regardless, but especially because of the bleeding. As a side note, you are correct, you could have experienced something known as decidual bleeding, which would be harmless, but often bleeding during pregnancy is a bad sign. They can't prevent a miscarriage if you have one but they still need to diagnose it and monitor you.

Until your doc can confirm the pregnancy (or not) with a blood test, you should be acting pregnant. That means no alcohol/drugs and go pick yourself up a multivitamin with folic acid and take it daily. (Or at minimum get yourself a folic acid)

Also after reading your other topic, while I think your ex is far more likely to be the potential father, there might be a slight bit of doubt. I sincerely hope it isn't the other one. :hugs:

Sorry guys i went out of town for labor day weekend and left my labtop at my college. I have an appointment at a free clinic saturday cause i dont have insurance since my mom took me off hers when i went to college. Wish me luck!here is a pic of my positive test

Attachments

• d2da28f3-3a37-484d-a711-1a29ea15072f.jpg
    d2da28f3-3a37-484d-a711-1a29ea15072f.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 7
You say you got a positive test? Get yourself to a doctor ASAP. You'll need to see one regardless, but especially because of the bleeding. As a side note, you are correct, you could have experienced something known as decidual bleeding, which would be harmless, but often bleeding during pregnancy is a bad sign. They can't prevent a miscarriage if you have one but they still need to diagnose it and monitor you.

Until your doc can confirm the pregnancy (or not) with a blood test, you should be acting pregnant. That means no alcohol/drugs and go pick yourself up a multivitamin with folic acid and take it daily. (Or at minimum get yourself a folic acid)

Also after reading your other topic, while I think your ex is far more likely to be the potential father, there might be a slight bit of doubt. I sincerely hope it isn't the other one. :hugs:
Yes im supposed to be getting a blood test done this saturday. And i really hope/think my ex is the father because the rapist did use a condom and he never ejaculated like he barely got it in cause i fought him so hopefully its not his. And when he was done i saw that the condom didnt have any tears or holes in it so he shouldnt be the father.. i guess ill be able to tell who the father is when its born because they are different races. Thanks girl !:hugs:

Where you type you type you reply click on go advanced. At the top there is a little paper clip, click on it and it will open up a new window. Download your photo and attach it. Close the window and then posts our reply. Well that's how you do it on my phone/computer.
okay i have now posted the pic !:hugs:

Attachments

• d2da28f3-3a37-484d-a711-1a29ea15072f.jpg
    d2da28f3-3a37-484d-a711-1a29ea15072f.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members