Anybody get false negatives on frer?

browneyedgrl0

Reaction score
Hi all...I was wondering if any of you ladies have had false negatives on the new style frer...I got a pretty convincing bfp on an internet cheapie yesterday at what I think was 12 dpo but may have been 10 or 11...anyway I ran out and got a frer to confirm and ended up with a stark white bfn...I'm so confused. Idk which test is right but I'm sooo afraid to test again. Af is due in 2 days so I think I'm gonna hold out on testing...

Attachments

• IMG_8205.jpg
    IMG_8205.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 50
Maybe your IC has higher sensitivity? My FRER was way positive before I ever got a line on the cheapies. But I know they have super sensitive IC out there. Good luck!

I got a bfp on a wondofo cheapie at 10 dpo, I didn't get a bfp on a frer until 12 dpo. I tested daily until 16 dpo and the wondofos were way darker than the frer. Fingers crossed for you!

My only false negatives were from testing too early (before 10dpo evening)

Was the first response one of those rapid result ones? If so, they are only 100miu sensitivity so it would take a higher hcg level to get a positive on one of those (think they only work after AF is due) the line on your IC looks great x

Yep I have! I took a FRER in the morning because I felt pregnant and the test was clearly negative. That same morning, maybe only 2 hours later, I took a wondfo and got a obvious positive. New the FRERS suck

Yep! It happened to me. BFP on one test and negative on the FRER. I even took two in the same box with the same urine and one had a line and the other didn't. They are horrible now. I don't get it.

Yep I have! I took a FRER in the morning because I felt pregnant and the test was clearly negative. That same morning, maybe only 2 hours later, I took a wondfo and got a obvious positive. New the FRERS suck

It's counterintuitive but when you're testing early/at different times of the day there may be more or less hcg. My fmu is actually my lightest test in the day. All of my bfp days I had negative morning teas and didn't get positives until afternoon/evening. And the next morning's test was lighter than the night before. Someone explained the math to me once and if made sense. Like pretend fmu is a mix of the night before and morning urine. Your night before was 6 miu hcg but morning was 10. Since urine us a solution, the hcg dilutes/mixes together and the average hcg becomes 8. But if I test later than day with just urine from early morning, it's all about 10miu. So my smu might be darker than fmu. Something like that. And that 10 might trigger a sensitive test where an 8 wouldn't.

I've always gotten my darker tests in the morning though with both of my kids. And aside from that, they have been taking forever now to show progression compared to my Clear Blue blue dye tests and even my wondfos. They're just really crap tests now with the new curved handle. I've never had issues with showing a positive result with fmu or with them getting darker but I was freaking myself out when I was testing with them because they hardly showed any difference in lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->