Anybody just use old fashioned Terry's?

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
I'm already in cloth, but we're in BG V3's, with the occasional splashout on a BB sidesnap.

But, it's all quite pricey. I'm looking into using Terry nappies, as a supplement. Anybody use them, and if so, which folds would you recommend for a girl, at about 14/15lbs?

:thumbup:

I use terries sometimes but i have a boy. Heres a link to some folds and some are specifically designed for girls :flower:

https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/articledetails.aspx?id=140

I'm planning on just using terrys - I like the idea of re-usables, but am on a bit of a budget and everything else seems wayyy too confusing for me!
Plus, I love the idea of lots of little terry towels hanging out on the washing line :)

I've got both terrys and modern style and I'll probably use both. Terries are quicker to dry but I'm a bit nervous about the folding bit, keep thinking they'll just fall down!

Terries work well aslong as you have a decent wrap with them! Dont use the rubber pants as they are horrible imo!!! I will post a pic of logan in a terries and a wrap if you want?

We are using terry's with a good wrap for around the house, but disposables for night time and going out. DD is 11lb and we are using a bat fold, which seems to work fine.

https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/public/articledetails.aspx?id=173

I use this fold or one that ive made up that seems to work!

Ive put pics in the cloth bums pics thread. They are bulky compared to pockets but they are cute!

I've got both terrys and modern style and I'll probably use both. Terries are quicker to dry but I'm a bit nervous about the folding bit, keep thinking they'll just fall down!

Terrys are much quicker to dry ... and there is nothing more satisfying than a line full of sparkly white squares :) :happydance:

Plus they double up great as sick cloths, feeding cloths and for all sorts of odd mopping up duties LOL

The folding is something that you soon get the hang of - I used to fold a batch at a time so that they were ready when I needed one in a hurry .... they won't fall down! If the legs are a little loose then you just 'tuck in' the excess fabric to create a snug fit :) It's actually one of the MAJOR advantages of the terry square ... one size fits all :happydance::happydance:

Mine did all 3 of my childrfen and are still in use for my 10 week old grandson - still sparkling white and soft :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->