Anybody on their last baby?

I'm surprised your drs are giving you issues. I understand you're in your 20's, but it's your decision. I'd think after having 2 kids they'd be understanding and willing to listen.

So many horror stories of unwed/single moms being told "well what if your future husband wants kids", or married women, "you'll want more!"... Zero control of our bodies.

I'm surprised your drs are giving you issues. I understand you're in your 20's, but it's your decision. I'd think after having 2 kids they'd be understanding and willing to listen.

So many horror stories of unwed/single moms being told "well what if your future husband wants kids", or married women, "you'll want more!"... Zero control of our bodies.

Very interesting! I know some parts of the US let you do it after 25 if you have one kid. Which for myself I was open to doing until we decided to go for a second. My very first appointment they asked me if I wanted a tubal lol. But that could be because of having twins and being at 3 kids. It’s so much harder now-a-days to have a huge family and I feel like if you’re set on being done you should have that choice

Hell im trying to convince my husband to get snipped to be double protected of no more :haha:

Well in a strange turn of events... I'm currently at my 28 week appt and they asked me what my plans were for BC. Off handedly said I'd like tubes tied but knew I probably couldn't. She said since I'll be 26 with 2 kids at 6 weeks postpartum, and since I'm voicing my choice now, they can do it.

I'm almost in shock and immediately after I signed consent form, I was like... whoa. I don't want anymore of my own but it does mean saying bye to surrogating.

We are definitely done. I'm set to have a tubal when they deliver baby (repeat csection). We have 3 boys at home, and this baby is a boy as well. I think a part of me will always want a girl, but me and pregnancy do not get along. I almost died delivering both my first and my twins. I had pre eclampsia both times and am starting to develop it again. I'm 34 weeks will be 35 weeks on Sunday.

I was exactly the same as you when i was expecting baby 2 and even 3! It physically hurt me at the thought of that chapter of my life closing. This time, number 4 due in July and i have completely had enough ive detested the whole pregnancy and it has completely knocked me for six if I'm honest! Now all i can think of is how im soooo happy I've never got to do any of this again. I can't wait for him to be here and i always love the small baby stage but my god NEVER again. OH is getting the snip in August and no going back. Strange how this time round has felt the complete opposite for me i don't quite get it really! X

Exactly this! I am close to having number 3 & have disliked pretty much every moment of this pregnancy unfortunately. This is definitely our last, hubby is getting a vasectomy soon after. Very happy for this little bub to be here, but cannot put myself through this again!

I was exactly the same as you when i was expecting baby 2 and even 3! It physically hurt me at the thought of that chapter of my life closing. This time, number 4 due in July and i have completely had enough ive detested the whole pregnancy and it has completely knocked me for six if I'm honest! Now all i can think of is how im soooo happy I've never got to do any of this again. I can't wait for him to be here and i always love the small baby stage but my god NEVER again. OH is getting the snip in August and no going back. Strange how this time round has felt the complete opposite for me i don't quite get it really! X

Exactly this! I am close to having number 3 & have disliked pretty much every moment of this pregnancy unfortunately. This is definitely our last, hubby is getting a vasectomy soon after. Very happy for this little bub to be here, but cannot put myself through this again!

I'm glad I'm not the only one hating pregnancy this time. I am suffering from SPD and I'm just over it. I'm getting my tubes tied 4 wks pp and I will be so relieved knowing I don't have to go through this again.

My sister was told they are reluctant to tie your tubes unless you are over 30 or have 5 children already.

My husband is definitely done and is talking about the snip. We are having #4, originally we were stopping at 2. :haha:

I'm so glad my dr is on board with my wishes to get my tubes tied. Otherwise, I'd be finding another. I'm 31 and will have 3, there's no changing my mind. My body has went through enough and I am happy with the 3 I'll have.

2 is more than enough for me. I'm a strong believer in there's over population... I have no strong attachment to a "big family" and having a 3rd would more than likely just be an accident.

Having my tubes tied gives me peace of mind...

This is our 3rd and last, for definite this time. We thought it after number 2 as for us we are kind of rolling the dice a little on getting another baby with complications like my son has, they as yet cant prove genetic or not. I am going to ask for my tubes to be tied at my C-Section, I am too old to do it again anyway. Irony will probably be that we will get a non genetic diagnosis as soon as I do that!

I am sad about it, but I know it would be too hard to do it again, have copped enough flack from friends and family for doing this one, no one can understand why we would given that we have our hands full with DS disability but no one can understand that his life expectancy is unknown and I want my DD to have someone regardless of everything!

I love being pregnant, I love the kicks etc but I have been lucky to avoid SPD etc, this time round i have GD which is an un-required complication but still nothing compared to those of you living in pain!

We are like 99% sure this is our last.
We have 1 boy & 2 girls & this one is another girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->