Anybody want twins?

opera_lady24

TTC #1 & TTA
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

So with my 2WW boredom and suspicions that I might have ovulated twice this month, I've been playing with the idea of having twins and surprised by the fact that I think that would be totally awesome!

Anyone else hoping for twins or do twins run in your family? Twins don't run in mine so the chance of it for me is slim to none.

Just thought it would be fun to ask people's opinions!

i wouldnt mine twins :) they run in my family as well, There are 4 sets in my family
that I know of.

Twins run on both sides of my family and triplets on one as well. Twins would be great I think

I have always liked the idea of multiples... though lately it seems I have been consumed with the idea of just getting pregnant! I would be happy either way.... but twins would be an extra nice surprise. But.. they don't run in either mine or DHs family so it would definitely be a surprise!

My cousins are twins, but I don't think there are many more in my family. I would love to have twins. I only want to be preggars once, but want more than one kid (will maybe end up adopting)

My friend's friend is 40 and pregnant with fraternal twin boys who are 1 week apart! The doctor said because of her age and gearing for menopause, it's common for women around 40 to ovulate twice in the same cycle as the body is trying to "get rid" of it's remaining eggs.... Cool! She married at 39 and these are her only children so we're all v happy for her

I'd love to have twins. But of course with my history I'll be happy with one HH baby twins aren't common in either of our families though

I teach preschool. We have identical twins at our center, one brother in my classroom and one brother next door. While the boys are certainly a handful, they have made me have the twin itch lately... :)

Also, their mother once told me when the ultrasound tech did her first scan and mentioned twins, she asked "Is this a joke you plan on all new mothers?" I guess she was in denial... Double trouble.

After 9 months of TTC, I think I would take anything! Twins would be tough but so worth it. Thankfully it does not run in my family though

I'd ADORE twins! Unfortunately they don't run in either mine or OH's families though so right now our chances are very slim... BUT if we do need to have medical help to conceive the chances are about 1 in 20 when using clomid! I keep on saying this to the other half and dropping hints about how much I'd love twins, he says if we have twins he's going to put one back where it came from! :rofl:

DH and I both have twins in the family and DH has triplets on his mom's side. I was pregnant with triplets and man, does reality hit you when you see three heartbeats. Sadly my babies are angels now and I am petrified for multiples again. But if it happens, we will make it work and we will love them for sure. We already have three cribs...

I also felt like I ovulated twice this time... guess time will tell.

LWood...what makes you think you ovulated twice? My BBT chart is what gives me the hint b/c it was super low the first day I took my temps, then shot up above 98 (although I'm pretty sure that was a fever b/c I was sick) then dipped again, then shot up again and has stayed up long enough for FF to give me crosshairs. Also, I've had stronger symptoms early on and I don't usually get any symptoms when it comes to ovulating. Today I had sharp pains in my lower abs and I'm wondering if that was implantation. I at least hope it was...but I was crampy two days ago too.

I have twins in my family. DH would LOVE to have twins and has 'put in an order'! he is just expecting me to produce on demand!!

I usually give him a whack when he tells me this but we would both love to have millions of babies!! (well maybe a max of 2 at one time!!)

xx

i think i deserve twins after ttc for 13mth :lol: least i wont wana ttc again x

Twins would be quite cool, although pretty hard work. Itd satisfy my desire for two children with just the one pregnancy :haha:

Twins runs in my family it skips a generation and it landed on me so I have a very high chance of getting pregnant with twins,
I have fell in love with the idea of having twins.

I would love twins and they run on my sides of my family.

i have really mixed feeling on the idea of having twins:shrug:

there are so many great things about twins and i would love it. BUT if i fall with twins it will be the last time i'm ever pregnant as i can only fit 2 more children into my life/house and that would kinda make me sad.

on the other hand i don't know how much time i have left so having 2 babies at once might be my only chance of my goal of 3 children in total

lucky i don't have to make a choice and mother nature will decide!

LWood...what makes you think you ovulated twice? My BBT chart is what gives me the hint b/c it was super low the first day I took my temps, then shot up above 98 (although I'm pretty sure that was a fever b/c I was sick) then dipped again, then shot up again and has stayed up long enough for FF to give me crosshairs. Also, I've had stronger symptoms early on and I don't usually get any symptoms when it comes to ovulating. Today I had sharp pains in my lower abs and I'm wondering if that was implantation. I at least hope it was...but I was crampy two days ago too.

I haven't been temping but I was having what I thought was O pains then two days later I had it again. It's probably just my nerves. I wasn't paying attention to any of this until this month TTC. Now I try to track everything (excet temps because I was unsure how to)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->