Anyone a Teaching Assistant?

RedRose

New mum :)
Reaction score
Can I ask how you became a teaching assistant/classroom assistant? What relevant qualifications did you get, if any?

Do you enjoy your job?

Tell me all about it :)

Thank you!

Teaching assistant was the best job I ever had!

I took on a temporary role that was specifically for someone who wanted to become a teacher after a years experience as a teaching assistant. I didn't need any particular qualifications for this, just the usual GCSEs' in English and Maths etc.

I enjoed every aspect of it. You get to work so closely with the children. You get a much better individual relationships with them than the teacher (in my opinion) because you spend so much one on one time with them in little groups. You have a certain degree of responsibility in what you teach to the children but how much depends on how your school uses its teaching assistants.

I became a teacher after being a teaching assistant and it was the worst decision I ever made. I can't handle the paper-work, long hours, planning and general extra stress you get as a teacher.

I've never been happier in a job as I was as a teaching assistant. The money isn't amazing but if its something you enjoy, its worth it x

Thanks laurajo, that was really helpful.

At the moment, I don't want to be a qualified teacher, just a teaching assistant, for the reasons you mentioned!

I'm worried that it would work against me though, and that most schools would only be looking for TA's who do want to become teachers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->