anyone afraid of gaining weight??

minnie10

Mummy to 1 , wtt#2
Reaction score
i know gaining weight wen pregnant is totally normal but im terrified of keeping it on after i have a LO. DH said im just been selfish and i know its a great sacrafice giving up my body to bring a new life into the world but if im not happy with my body now am i going to be happy after ive had a baby,or will i just be too exhausted to care:haha:

If u put your mind to losing the weight after baby is born u will do it. Plus if u breastfeed it'll help u get back to shape in no time! We r always here for support if u need it!

I lost 30 pounds before we started ttc and now I feel fine with gaining weight for pregnancy. I figure if I did it once I can do it again. Plus, breastfeeding helps you burn up to an extra 500 calories per day.

With all three of my previous pregnancies I gained weight and even though I breast fed each I still gained the weight back after I lost it. Now I am sitting at 214. The heaviest I have been in my life without being pregnant. Got to my heaviest with my last baby and that was 240. So this time I am working on getting myself in shape while I am TTC and staying in shape while pregnant. I got a pass to our local leisure center and go swimming every day. Started out doing 20 laps and each week I add 5 more laps. Not only do I beleive this will help me to get down to a healthy weight when I have my next LO but I think it will make labour easier on my body this time and if I get in a habit now it will be easier once the baby is here to do it agian. Hope you figure out something that works for you. Good luck.

I'm really afraid of gaining weight! I was quite fit before I got pregnant and I'm now at a point where I could get away with wearing a bikini but I wouldn't look nearly as good. I gained 60+lbs when I got pregnant so I got a few stretch marks on my side. Luckily they fade with time so you can't see them unless you are looking hard. I also have a mommy pouch from my skin stretching out so much but the rest of my stomach has gone back to normal. It was hard work losing the baby weight, it took about a year. I hope to only gain 30lbs next time but will see. I just don't want to get more stretch marks! Oh.. and I breastfed so I'm sure it helped me lose but not without working out and eating right.

I've never have any weight problems. Not having too much anyway. I'm trying to GAIN weight right now. I am sad that I'll never have this body again. I only just realized how nice it is. (I was teased a lot as a kid and have had low self-esteem until fairly recently. Now I just don't give a rat's @$$)

YES!! I am afraid. Last year I lost about 6st in weight and now ive lost a total of 7st 4lb and I know im going to put on weight when pregnant but scared its TOO much!! Id be happy with 2st but it scares me to think I may put on 4 or 5st!! Im hoping to lose another stone before june to soften the blow lol!

YES!! I am afraid. Last year I lost about 6st in weight and now ive lost a total of 7st 4lb and I know im going to put on weight when pregnant but scared its TOO much!! Id be happy with 2st but it scares me to think I may put on 4 or 5st!! Im hoping to lose another stone before june to soften the blow lol!

Wow that's a fantastic weight loss :happydance: Why would you put on 4 or 5st? You'd have to do a serious amount of eating for that to happen! A couple of stones is a fairly standard weight gain, and most of that will be the baby/water/placenta :thumbup:

Mine has come off quite quickly hun, so try not to worry. Once you have had the baby you will see a big difference.

This was me 4 days before giving birth
https://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/NoodlesandFlump/Mummyat392weeks.jpg

And this was me 4 days after giving birth
https://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/NoodlesandFlump/Bump1.jpg

It's now mainly a toning issue which is taking longer than I would like but I'm getting there.

Not really. When I was pregnant for Rian..my start weight was 140 pounds....the day I had her I weighed 210!!!!!!!! That's right I gained 70 pounds..I was mortified. However with my diabetes and having to stick to a strict diet..I now weigh 117 pounds..I lost 93 pounds in 11 months. I haven't been this small since high school. So I'm not worried.

Noodles I hope my bump is like that it looks so nice and perfect !!

As for gaining weight, to be honest I think there is a reason for it so why not just go with it, you can always do things after to burn it off, its not the end of the world, and if you breast feed its supposed to take a lot of energy and calorie burning!

I'm more worried about the breast situation, OH has agreed that if I go through with it and have our children together he will treat me to a boob job when my titties start hanging around my ankles :rofl:

Plutosblue -:haha: That last bit made me Lol.!

Ive always been the same weight, give or take a few pounds here or there. Im looking forward to HUGE boobies!! :happydance: I am also looking forward a my bump of course! :blush: The rest of the weight i can aim to tone and get rid of afterwards!

:flower:
X

Wow that's a fantastic weight loss :happydance: Why would you put on 4 or 5st? You'd have to do a serious amount of eating for that to happen! A couple of stones is a fairly standard weight gain, and most of that will be the baby/water/placenta :thumbup:

Just I know of quite a few women who have put on that much but like you say they prob just ate what they want when they wanted. RThink id be far too scared of gaining that much to eat junk all the time. Plus its pretty obvious its no good for baby either lol

Noodles I hope my bump is like that it looks so nice and perfect !!

As for gaining weight, to be honest I think there is a reason for it so why not just go with it, you can always do things after to burn it off, its not the end of the world, and if you breast feed its supposed to take a lot of energy and calorie burning!

I'm more worried about the breast situation, OH has agreed that if I go through with it and have our children together he will treat me to a boob job when my titties start hanging around my ankles :rofl:

:rofl: That is so funny my OH said the same thing to me!!:)

It just scares me that you have no idea how your body will react to pregnancy...the thought of a HUGE bump does frighten me a little...but that may well be what happens...

Is there more corrolation between height and how you 'carry' the bump and the size of it? I am only 5'1" and I am quite petite I suppose. I can only imagine that the bump will be huge because there isn't anywhere much else for the baby to go but outwards :wacko:

Oh well I will try and enjoy my bikini wearing when I go on hols this year it might be the last time for a while!

thanks for all your comments,think i will start eating healthily now(well after i finish this packet of crisps,well they are 'healthy crisps'):haha:to try and lose a wee bit of weight before ttc.its nice to see im not the only one worried!!

Noodles your bump was tiny,how big was baby??

thanks for all your comments,think i will start eating healthily now(well after i finish this packet of crisps,well they are 'healthy crisps'):haha:to try and lose a wee bit of weight before ttc.its nice to see im not the only one worried!!

Noodles your bump was tiny,how big was baby??

He was 6lb 8oz (born at 39+6). My fundal height measured 4 weeks behind throughout my pregnancy, so I had some grow scans but he was growing fine, I just wasn't carrynig a lot of water. The size of the bump has no realtion to the size of a baby as you could have a huge baby and carry a tiny bit of water or a small baby and carry loads of water, each would measure the same.

With my pregnancy, I decided not to worry about it and go with the flow!!! I was quite slim before so I assumed I would start showing very soon and was totally fine with that! In the end though, you really have no idea what your body is going to do! I didn't show at all until 22-24 weeks pg - and people who didn't know me had no idea until partway through 3rd tri. So in my case, I was my pre-pg weight once Bun was a few weeks old - for me breastfeeding really made a difference - I need to eat like a crazy woman to keep the weight on.

But next time, who knows>??? Every pregnancy is different! I will approach this next one the same way - will eat tons! LOL! I will eat what my body wants, or whatever is required to keep the ms away and grow a beautiful little baby.... I will worry about the weight afterwards. Everyone is different - some people gain lots and lose it fast, and others gain a little but take a long time to get rid of it. Just go with the flow and think of how amazing it is to make a little human being!! :cloud9:

Plutosblue -:haha: That last bit made me Lol.!

Ive always been the same weight, give or take a few pounds here or there. Im looking forward to HUGE boobies!! :happydance: I am also looking forward a my bump of course! :blush: The rest of the weight i can aim to tone and get rid of afterwards!

:flower:
X

Huge boobies aren't that much fun :dohh: Cue back ache and sturdy looking bras :dohh::dohh: I'm already a G cup, so i dread to think what my boobs will do when I get pregnant

It just scares me that you have no idea how your body will react to pregnancy...the thought of a HUGE bump does frighten me a little...but that may well be what happens...

Is there more corrolation between height and how you 'carry' the bump and the size of it? I am only 5'1" and I am quite petite I suppose. I can only imagine that the bump will be huge because there isn't anywhere much else for the baby to go but outwards :wacko:

Oh well I will try and enjoy my bikini wearing when I go on hols this year it might be the last time for a while!

Me too *sigh*. I'm only short too, so I guess the bump can only really go outwards, although my mum never got really big and she's the same height/build as me.

I'm terrified about my body changing when I fall pregnant - I hated the changes my body went through during puberty, just kind of the attention it drew from other people, and I feel the same way about pregnancy :wacko: It's not the weight so much, but the general body changes...

I stopped weighing myself during pregnancy once the weight gain hit 3 stone...and she wasnt born for another 5 or 6 weeks so i dread to think what i weighed by the end of it :rofl: but it camde off pretty quick. iv got 8lbs to shift but iv been stuck at this weight for a few weeks now. Im not doing any exercise and if im honest, i dont eat very healthily either (hence the weight gain :lol:)....so anyway, what im trying to say is everyone is different. 8lbs on me doesnt really make much difference coz of my height, but then i gained over the average amount. there is only a certain amount you can do, but once your LO is here you just wont care coz even if i hadnt lost a single pound after giving birth, it is totally worth it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->