anyone any good with ultrasound reports? Please help!

purplecat

Reaction score
So i get the gist of it but maybe someone can help explain it in normal wording lol. I just want to know how to interpret it. Thanks

Attachments

• 2014-01-15 10.56.16.jpg
    2014-01-15 10.56.16.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 84
So i get the gist of it but maybe someone can help explain it in normal wording lol. I just want to know how to interpret it. Thanks

I am not a pro but I've had MANY ultrasounds going through IVF. I have had the free fluid, and it's common in pregnancy because of the HCG hormones. It goes away when you get further along.

I also have a cyst on one of my ovaries and it wasn't a small one. It was about 27 mm. It also goes away on it's own. I also have a fibroid which my doc will keep an eye on for the next few years but none of it interferes with the baby.

The gestation mean that there is a baby growing in there. The measurments look great and the heartbeat looks great too.

I hoped that helped you a little bit <3 Congrats!

Sounds like everything is normal for 6+1 with a small 'trivial' bleed outside of the pregnancy sac. Really common. Shouldn't cause any bother, maybe a bit of spotting if it makes its way out, or it could just reabsorb. I had a huge one in my last pregnancy, all was fine once it settled.

Everything sounds normal, except the SCH (subchorionic hemorrhage/bleed). I have one too - so its not like its THAT uncommon. Its actually pretty common, and the #1 reason for bleeding/spotting in pregnancy.

The collapsed corpus leteum is normal too I believe, it can sometimes be referred to as a cyst - it indicates which ovary released the egg and it will provide progesterone too.

Ya i had a very big bleed from sch with my daughter so i am hoping to not have that again it was a nighmare until it cleared up. I has no idea about the corpus luteal cyst tho. Thankyou all. Im going yo try and not be freaked out anymore lol...who am i kidding.

1 baby
Measuring 4.5MM (which is normal length for gestation)
Heart rate of 106 beats per minute (Normal needs to exceed 100)
Yolk sac for baby is good
Sonolucency is just an u/s term for how the material being scanned is not reflecting back.. so in essence they are saying that it appears that there is a sub chorionic bleed. This means that there is blood pooled or a clot near the chorion (the outer fetal membrane that is next to the placenta)
A small collapsed Corpus Luteal Cyst would be the follicle in which you ovulated. The free fluid would be the fluid that is being released most likely from the cyst.

The conclusion though sums it all up. You&#8217;re 6w1d preggers.

1 baby
Sonolucency is just an u/s term for how the material being scanned is not reflecting back.. so in essence they are saying that it appears that there is a sub chorionic bleed. This means that there is blood pooled or a clot near the chorion (the outer fetal membrane that is next to the placenta)
A small collapsed Corpus Luteal Cyst would be the follicle in which you ovulated. The free fluid would be the fluid that is being released most likely from the cyst.

The conclusion though sums it all up. You’re 6w1d preggers.

Holy crap u are smart! Thank u so much. Do u know if this sch would possibky cause the placenta to detach?

1 baby

The conclusion though sums it all up. You’re 6w1d preggers.

Holy crap u are smart! Thank u so much. Do u know if this sch would possibky cause the placenta to detach?

From his report I would say no in your case it should not. In the report it is listed as a 'trivial' which would mean of little importance... so it sounds like it would/should clear itself up.

Although even with a trivial SCB you might have some spotting eventually but it shouldnt in most cases effect the baby.

In cases where the SCH is small, they normally don't do much except be a nuisance. Its when they're large and/or growing instead of shrinking that doctors can get a little more nervous.

I was just told today that my placenta is covering the cervix (placental previa) and that is the cause of my SCH. The placenta is trying to move away from the cervix and tore (very early on). They're hopeful that by my next scan at (18-20 weeks), the placenta will have moved up and away from the cervix, and hence fixing the SCH (allowing it to totally heal).

Don't worry. Your SCH is super small. :)

Hi a subchrionic bleed is a blood clot that is inside your uterus. It can cause you to bleed but doesnt mean you are having a misscarriage. I have a small one in my uterus aswell and doctors didnt seem concerned about it. It is normal adjacent to the gestational sac and will either disappear on its own or bleed out x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->