anyone applied for passport lately?

Blah11

☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼
Reaction score
I sent 2 applications for childs first passports on May 16 via check n send. Read media stories about backlogs and now very worried as we fly June 22nd!

Oh no i sent Darceys one last week and we go the 26th June! I read online it takes 3 weeks so was counting on that!!

Apparently the 3 week thing is garbage and it's more 6-8!

I'm sending mine off tomorrow. Really worried about this backlog not sure if it's the same for renewals. There's a thread in the toddler section where there's a few ladies that have been waiting awhile and been trying to fast track them.

When I sent my LOs is came back in 13 days, however I have a friend who's 5 weeks and counting..... Need to send mine off but waiting until later in the year as it expires in Feb but luckily I can still travel to Spain in Aug.

The backlog is scary ATM! Definitely not 3 weeks!

We just got ours-
3 weeks and 4 days for OHs renewal and both Kids 1st passports and 4 weeks 3 days for my 1st passport as had to have the interview..they came 15/22 of this month so not long ago.

I sent them away with 5 weeks to spare so i will give them to 7/6 then ring up to try and fast track. Stressed!

I got mine back in 3 weeks!

Hope they come back soon xxx

Me too! Its my best friends wedding in Greece and I'm bridesmaid to make matters more stressful lol

Hope you get it soon.
My cousin was going to Spain in April and he left it so late to get his, he kept phoning them and explained the situation and they were actually pretty helpful at pushing his forward.

Took one week for my LO but this was November.

I did mine and Rory's in March, mine came back in 10 days. I had done his form wrong so his took another week xx

ive been looking into getting all our passports done but heard that turn around time was 11+ weeks :/ so not sure if to bother... if it takes 11 weeks we wont be able to go anywhere this summer so will mean a whole years wasted of the passports

I've not read anything as long as eleven weeks hun.

Blah they are helpful if they can be. With Morgan I found I had lost his passport six days seven days before we were due to fly, I rang and made a fast-track appointment (only a week on lost ones) for the next day, which obviously was going to be tight. I was at the passport office and telling her about our situation and she upgraded it to premium. I was shocked as that isnt allowed but they have the abilities to for special reasons. I got home about seven hours later and the passport had been delivered. Still confused how :haha:

I rang on Saturday and got a really nice guy who was really reassuring saying they had received them & there was nothing wrong with them so I should get them back in time and not to panic lol He said to phone back on 14th if I hadn't heard anything but no way am I leaving it that late . I'll probably phone again next Monday (1 week 6 days before flight)!

11 weeks I hope not :(

Blah did he say what the waiting time is?

He said it depends on where your application goes and if it's straight forward or if they need to contact countersignatory etc

Weird I came across this thread, just been on fb and a friend was asking on her status hownlong passports are taking as her is 3-4 weeks and counting and she is a bit worried!

I did ours in feb. 15 days for renewal, 16days for first passport x

DS did his back in Feb - he posted it on the Thursday and we received the new one in the post on the following Wednesday :)
I've just sent off DD's renewal - got a message on Thursday to say they'd received it - we don't go away until the end of Aug so i'm not overly worried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->