anyone applied for passport lately?

The thing is its always been said that a wait is 6-8 weeks ur just lucky if u get it early. This is worse time of year to send a passport off when u are going away few weeks later. I was lucky and got mine back after a few weeks but i sent mine off at the start of year few years back

See if they put that on the website people would send them off earlier. They are still saying it's 3 weeks in the post office. I'll defiantly be doing it at the start of the year in future though x

Totally agree they should put it on website. So many people apply late so takes the piss

So damn happy! Five hour drive tomorrow .. But, my passport is ready!!!! Two days after upgrading. I'm picking it up myself just in case the courier service screw up too haha

both my LOs first passports took about 3 weeks, in 2012 and the most recent two weeks ago. I got a text to say theyd received it about 6 days after i sent it.

amelia's arrived this afternoon so that's been about 3 almost 4 weeks for us x

Private, is that 4 weeks from the day you sent it?

Seems that people are getting them a little quicker now
Hopefully it was the half term rush and they've caught up on some of the backlog now.

I really hope so, I know people that sent theirs off a little not that long ago but before half term and there's took 3 weeks max they said so fingers crossed it just slowed down over half term!

Elias' took 2 weeks, it was super quick, I was worried too as we were flying out the next month, the check and send chap at the post office said 6-8 weeks and I was pooing myself...we got lucky I think as it was Sept time rather than in the run up to summer.

Blimey lellow you didn't wait about! Congrats xx

'Your passport application is currently going through the examination process.'

I emailed to check progress and theyre in durham. Anyone know if that means they're waiting in the queue or being looked at now? The email said theyre still generally reaching the 3 week target!

'

Sounds like they are looking at it. Has it been 3 weeks for you so far? X

Not yet no. Sent on 16th they got it on 20th xx

Mine was with durham. I was told it was 'sent for processing' on the 9th. (I sent it on 5th check and send)

They did not meet there 3 week target or anywhere near. It hadn't even been looked at by 3.5 weeks later when I was allowed to upgrade it. On a positive note - once I upgraded it, it was printed 2 days later. They upgraded it free of charge too because of the issue being theirs x

I rang up durham today. The lady checked the status and they're both still in the queue :( theyre behind and only up to applications received end of April! Mine was received may 20 so she put me down for call back from upgrade team. She said they're generally phoning people the week they travel for payment so not to expect a call until late next week... eek!

I rang up durham today. The lady checked the status and they're both still in the queue :( theyre behind and only up to applications received end of April! Mine was received may 20 so she put me down for call back from upgrade team. She said they're generally phoning people the week they travel for payment so not to expect a call until late next week... eek!

So is it about a 6 week wait without upgrade? X

My sister had hers without upgrade at Durham - Was 4.5. I sent mine before hers.. and had to upgrade at 4.5.

I've no idea how they're organising it.. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->