anyone applied for passport lately?

Ive not had any texts or emails?!

I've not had any texts either but I've talked to them about 10 times so I know they have it. Did you do check and send? It seems all the people that have texts did that service whereas I didnt. But my theory may be proved wrong!!

I did check and send and got a text althought it never specifically said anywhere that the text was a perk of check and send.

I did check and send and no texts x

Just sent passports off today for my holibobs in 6 weeks - this thread has made me nervous! Hope yours come through soon

I got a text this morning and I didn't do check and send!

Maybe it's office related? Mines gone to Liverpool and no text but mine was an online app with sending other docs separately.

There was a thread on net mums recently and someone in their posted that the Peterborough office told her 13 weeks on the phone !!! Sounds like a lot. I would always allow 3 months personally... allows for errors and a backlog especially in the summer months. Hope everyone gets them in plenty of time though!

I sent mine off on May 5/6th... They told me on the phone days ago that they don't count it as when it's received... But when it's dispatched for processing -.- ( a week later...)

So I begged to upgrade it.. Nope, not until they class it as being 3 weeks.. which is when it's technically been 4. She told me I can't call until that day, but when I do, for an extra £40 I can upgrade it to fast track to have it within the week :S I seriously hope so, i travel 9 days later! haha.

It's been 3 weeks 6 days for me now. Durham office. x

How did it take a week for them to receive it? Did you send via check n send?

How did it take a week for them to receive it? Did you send via check n send?

Yes I did it check and send.

It clearly didn't take a week for them to receive it, as I got a text two days later... however they're saying they only class it as received once it's sent for processing :/ .

Horrible service eh!? xx

I'm going to scream.

6-7 weeks ago I sent mine, stupidly didn't use check and send because silly me thought "oh yeah plenty of time"
Rang them constantly for the past 2 weeks and they have NOTHING on the system.
I can't even fast track another one as it's my first passport :nope:

Holiday was supposed to be 29th of June, travel agents won't change the date either so £1300 + the price of my passport gone :growlmad: :nope:

I'm going to scream.

6-7 weeks ago I sent mine, stupidly didn't use check and send because silly me thought "oh yeah plenty of time"

Holiday was supposed to be 29th of June, travel agents won't change the date either so £1300 + the price of my passport gone :growlmad: :nope:

Oh no has it got lost in the post? What a nightmare would of had your birth certificate and stuff in too :(

I'm going to scream.

Can you not go to the passport office and deal with it there? When I got DD's first passport I stupidly booked a holiday and totally forgot that she didn't have a passport. I went up to the office, filled in all the details, then received it in the post 7 days later.

I sent my daughter's first passport start of may and I did the online check up thing last monday and received an email saying they received it in Liverpool on 9th May and it's in examination stage still, not flying until 9th aug so not worried at the mo. did check and send and haven't received any texts. when I was doing the check and send there were a lot of people doing the same that day, post office said it would be about 3 weeks x

Phoned them this morning and the call handler was a total witch. Anyway they're still awaiting examination so in other words they've not even been looked at and she wouldn't give me any idea of timescale :( going to phone in a week to upgrade.

Finally had a call from the Liverpool team today saying if we upgraded we could hopefully get it by Wednesday this week. So paid £60 for peace of mind.

Ceejay - what office is yours at? Hope you hear soon. It's so stressful when it's out of your hands.

When is it you fly? I'd rather pay the upgrade asap!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->