anyone apply for ILR by post?

maryp0ppins

Reaction score
My ancestry visa expires on 29/11/12 and I will be applying for ILR. Have decided to do it by post at the beginning of november. Just curious how long the whole process took? I know it will prob take a bit longer because christmas is soon after but just trying to get a general idea.
Also I am sending p60's from the last 5 years apart from 1 year where i dont have one,i do have bank statements showing i was working at this time,do you think this is okay? Really hope its quick and easy,cant even think about leaving my oh to go back to CAnada if it gets denied.

:wave: I've heard on expat forums that it can take up to six months for approval. In that time, you're without your passport and your OH has to send in his as well. To be honest, I would pay the extra and go in person. Lellow sent me a HUGE list of things that she brought. It's great to go in person because you can bring all your documents and they can pick the ones that suit.

Thanks. Have heard up to 6 months aswell but have also heard its quite hard to get an appoinent at the only london area office. My oh and i are not married so its just my documents they need

Yeah, I would make an appointment regardless. It's a lot of money that's non-refundable. I heard a story of one girl that applied for ILR and because she didn't include a cover letter for her Life in the UK test, she only got a 2 year extension and needed to apply again.

Surely ill lose my money either way as ill be bringing the same documents to the appointment that i would post. Have decided to do it by post so just looking for anyone with postal experience.

I would go above and beyond what documents they say you need. That's what's great about the appointment. They can pick what satisfies their requirements. I would also read the instruction booklet for the forms inside and out. :thumbup:

Didnt realise you could bring extra things.
My application is pretty syraight forward. Proof i have worked and lived in the uk for the last 5 years,bank statements showing i support myself and birth certificate for myself,my dad,and my grandad.
How easy was it for you to get an appointment? Have just had a look online and none are showing up at any offices. Guessing they are realsed 6 weeks before so will need to book in the next 2 weeks

Yeah, I could book one up to six weeks in advance. I went to Glasgow office though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->