Anyone been given Promethazine for morning sickness??

brownlieB

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Hi all,

A little back ground, I was started on Cyclizine at 8 Weeks for hyperemesis, It worked for about 2 weeks, and then last week, I was vommiting everyday 3/4 times a day. My GP reluctantly started me on Metaclopramide (my request as it worked last time) bit said if it doesn't work he wants to admitt me to hospital to get the sickness under control.

Anyway 3 days on Metaclopramide hasn't worked I work in a hospital half an hour away from my home, so rather than drive home to my own GP, I saw the A&E GP. He gave me a prescription for something called promethazine.

I've never heard of it, and wonder if anyone can give meany review, did it work? did you have complications? Any side affects?

He said it would make me drowsy, which i'm not ken to be with a 3 year old too, she's already picking up on me not being 100% I don't want to be a zombie round her too.

Anyone tried it?

I took it for 3 days with my ds. I ended up having to leave work early because it made me too drowsy. I slept the entire day. I called my dr and they prescribed my zofran which worked amazing.

I had it last time I was pregnant (36 weeks) and I couldn't function as was too drowsy. Stopped me being physically sickest still felt sick. Hope they help, they're very good if you can sleep the whole time on them x

Yep. It knocks me out something terrible. I'm 100% nonfunctional if I take it :(

I was prescribed half a pill every 4 to 6 hours. It did make me drowsy, but I could keep food down.

Thanks guys,

My GP was very nice signed me off for two weeks. Said that women aren't designed to work and be pregnant it's not in our blue print and he thinks they should stay at home with their feet up!

Might sound a bit pre historic, but to me it sounded like heaven and i'm so glad I didn't have to beg for the sick note, or for a bit of empathy. xx

I was given this but not for pregnancy. It worked GREAT for me and I always slept like a baby, but I only took it sparingly. If you get too drowsy you may need something else.

I took it during my last pregnancy, it did knock me out.. if you're able to sleep then its a great medicine! If morning sickness hits me this time I'll have to ask for something different. No time for mid day naps while chasing a 16 month old around. :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->