anyone been induced b4?

P

purple_socks

whats it like?
Has anyones been induced but still had a natural drug free birth? or does it make it too painful?
does anyone know...Is there a way to b induced but still have a home birth?

not sure if you can havea home birth or not whenbeing induced. i know when i was started with the drip ihad to be continuosly monitored. wasn't allowed to move as moving knocked monitor off. they seem to like to monitoryou carfully though from whati've seen/read.

i had gas and air and pethidine. but only had pethidine as ex and midwife were concerned about the pain i was in... i would ofjust struggled on but its hard to argue in labour haha. the pethidine made me sick and really sleepy.never again. although pushing the babies head outi would have killed for an epi or a c section... yes really! checking for tares after having my 9lb 3.50z lil boy hurt as much as pushing thehead out!

if you want pain free then go for it, we've been having babies for years. it's what we are made for!

xXx

i was induced just last month and i thought it went really well! i did try to do it just with gas and air but it got too much and i had an injection of diamorphine for the pain. i managed to give birth naturally though so dont think that all inductions end up in c-sections!

you wont be able to be induced and have a home birth though, sorry x

I was induced with my DS. It went really well and I had a full natural birth with no pain relief!!

My little boy came into the world after only 2 hours of labour weighing 9lb 3.5 ozs too!!

my last 3 labours were all induced at 39 weeks due to the spd, and i am fully expecting an induction again this time-but i want it earlier this time. I had a prostin pessary to start me off and with the last one i had to have a syntocinon drip to get the contractions stronger-but apart from that they all went fine,no pain relief and they were pretty quick labours really.

If you need to be induced then you wont be able to have a home birth!

u can only be induced at home. i wanted a water birth but as zane was 2 weeks late i had to be induced so cudnt have a water birth but my room was nice and i was able to move n walk round the hospital if i wanted and i tried gas and air but apart from that i cud handle the pain and had a "drug" free birth.

i have been told bein induced does make it hurt more by several ppl but i found it ok lol

EDIT: i had my waters broke as i was 2cm dilated already, they were broke at 9.15am and zane was here by 4.18pm at a good 8lb 3oz and 59cm long lol

Only way i can think of being induced and still having baby at home is a sweep but they dont always work x

Only way i can think of being induced and still having baby at home is a sweep but they dont always work x

my sweep actually made things go slower for me.

my cervix was low and i was almost ready to pop i had been in early slow labour for afew days by that point soon as i had the sweep everything stopped the evil woman lol

You def cannot have a home birth with induction as the induction makes it more likely that either the baby or the mother will go into distress. Remember though, that you can refuse induction and choose monitoring instead if you go over 42 weeks, this way you can still have your home birth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->