Anyone been prescribed aspirin daily?

techi_girly

Proud mum to Oliver
Reaction score
Hoping you could offer some advice or share your experiences.

Following our 12 week scan today I saw a midwife at the hospital who discussed the blood tests etc and wanted to know about previous pregnancy complications. I informed her that I had pre-eclampsia, due to this she advised I should take 75mg of aspirin daily to prevent a reoccurance of pre-eclampsia as I'm classed as high risk.

To be honest I was a bit taken aback by this as everything I've read says you should stay clear of aspirin and shouldn't be taking it daily. I am worried it can affect the baby and that there may be little research into taking aspirin when pregnant (although I'm not that well informed!)

My sister who recently qualified as a midwife said that it's now the 'standard' due to the NICE guidelines changing recently however I'm still wary.

Has anyone else had experience of this and could offer some advice?
Thanks Lis

I take Asprin during pregnancy. I have also been advised to take it whilst ttc this time too.

Hth x

https://www.crd.york.ac.uk/crdweb/ShowRecord.asp?LinkFrom=OAI&ID=12010006006

I take 75mg aspirin daily too,usually through ttc and pregnancy due to 4 m/c .my children are fine and seem unaffected by this,I always make sure I get the enteric coated aspirin and take after food to protect my stomach,congrats on the good scan😊

Thanks very much for sharing interesting read although there are a few areas I don't fully understand :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->