Anyone been prescribed zofran in 2nd tri for ms?

Vonny1537

Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently 16 weeks plus 3 and have had ms since week 6. The doctor has now prescribed me something called ondansetron, which I think is also known as zofran, on the advice of the hospital. I know there's been some issues regarding this being linked to birth defects so am a bit uncertain whether to even try it. Anyone have any experiences with it? Tia

Hello, I'm on ondansatron and cyclazine, pescribed from the hospital for hyperemsis , I've heard horror stories too but the benefits definatley out way the risks for me personally. I've been taking it since 8 weeks and am now 18 weeks. My scan at 12 weeks and then private scan at 16 weeks showed my baby is fine so far but I have to say I do worry. There's a support group on FB called hyperemsis gravidium where a lot of mums are pescribed it, and they would be be able to give you info and answer any concerns you may have. Hope this helps x

I was prescribed it recently in my hospital stay which they said was safe..baby is growing fine also though it makes me nervous sometimes as well.

I've taken Zofran with all of my pregnancies without any problems. It just didn't work great for me. I had hyperemesis with this one and was on Zofran, phenergan, and diclegis til 18ish weeks and then just diclegis for a few more. I still have random nausea now but I'll take it over the puking all day.

I took a new drug called Diclegis that is made specifically for MS. It worked wonderful!

I'm still taking diclegis and it's working wonders! I tried not taking it last night...not good today! But it's good to know it's doing something.

The Zofran worked for me but I don't have hyperemisis, I had surgery and the pain meds made me sick. They switched me to Reglan because they said it was safer but it didn't work nearly as well.

I'm on ondansetron and have been since about 8 weeks and still on it!
I have lowered the dose but can't possibly come off it yet..
I too am worried if they'll be any side effects, everyone has reassured that it is safe to take however.

I'm still taking diclegis and it's working wonders! I tried not taking it last night...not good today! But it's good to know it's doing something.

Just to let you know for me it worked wonders, but I noticed that when I started feeling nauseous again after taking it for 6 weeks, don't up your dose. Wean yourself off it. That is when my nausea was gone, and it seemed to have the reverse effect when I was no longer experiencing the nausea.

I've been on it since week 6 and still on it. I had it with all three of my kids and they turned out fine, i am a bit nervous though this time since hearing about the birth defects but my doc said she thinks its bull.

Just to let you know for me it worked wonders, but I noticed that when I started feeling nauseous again after taking it for 6 weeks, don't up your dose. Wean yourself off it. That is when my nausea was gone, and it seemed to have the reverse effect when I was no longer experiencing the nausea.

How did you wean yourself? I'm only taking one at night but still find if I don't take it everyday I feel awful. Does it get better after a few days without it? Feel like I should come off now but I hate the feeling the day I don't take it!

I took it with my last pregnancy and I've been on it this pregnancy too. I get an awful upset tummy in the morning and can't keep anything down so I just need the one small dose. I try and ignore the stuff you see on tv about it. I trust my mw and even tho I never took any meds with my ods he has a heart an lung defect. Some defects are normal and not caused by meds and I wondering how many are being lumped into the lawsuits that would have happened anyway. If you want to try something else to wean yourself off you can take b6 and unisom together. I did that in the beginning when I needed more than the one dose of zofran. I'd take my zofran in the am and the b6 and unisom in the evenings.

How did you wean yourself? I'm only taking one at night but still find if I don't take it everyday I feel awful. Does it get better after a few days without it? Feel like I should come off now but I hate the feeling the day I don't take it!

I was taking 2 at night. When taking the pill started to make me feel nauseous I went down to 1 then stopped taking them all together after a week.

I was taking 2 at night. When taking the pill started to make me feel nauseous I went down to 1 then stopped taking them all together after a week.

Today's the first day without one! So far so good. Feels good to be off them!

Took it with my first and she is perfect. Don't freak yourselves out and get the relief if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->